Transmission fluid dilemma, need advice

I wouldn't worry about it. I know a guy using Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF in an A750 in a Tacoma that calls for WS. He's used it for years with no issues. These Toyota transmissions aren't all that picky as long as the fluid level is correct.
[Linked Image]

From our Lab:Â "The 204 SAT is higher viscosity than the 205, so if you aren't experiencing shifting issues it is safe to continue to run, there is no long term negative impact."

This is the email I just received. It's a big relief knowing I can use this fluid, at least for this interval.

Originally Posted by BlakeB
I wouldn't worry about it. I know a guy using Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF in an A750 in a Tacoma that calls for WS. He's used it for years with no issues. These Toyota transmissions aren't all that picky as long as the fluid level is correct.
[Linked Image]

I have found that M1 ATFs, including the new M1 LV HP ATF, work very well in my Ford Trans.

Originally Posted by Kira
I gotta say, I've used gallons of Valvoline Maxlife Dex/Merc LV in 3309 applications and in older units which were OK with Dex/Merc with success.

However, this notion that the stuff is somehow an omni-acceptable universal fluid is simply thoughtless.

Snagglefoot's advice to read the label is sound.

You can see no 3309 on that label but you can see the Toyota T-IV listed. Those 2 "equate".

See if the 3324 equates with any spec listed on the label of today's Maxlife and take it from there.

It won't kill you to find the right stuff even if you have to pay a tad more (perish the thought).

See if Wolf's Head Super Universal Synthetic ATF covers your spec. I've used cases of that too with success.

And, as always, don't be a dippy-doo.

And MaxLifw ATF is not also a Universal Synthetic?
smile.gif

The email from Schaeffer's says it all....I'd bet you're better protected with the thicker product....

I thought I would provide a conclusion to this thread, I just havent been on here in awhile, here is my UOA on the SAT204, it worked just fine with no ill effects on the transmission. I switched the fluid to 205A after draining this. I think it shifts slightly better with the 205A, but it could all be in my head, who knows. so ill stick with that from now on, currently have 13k miles on the 205A

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211109-214952_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20211109-214952_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 29
Back