Transgo shift kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well back in April I, had purchased a low mile, one owner 96 Mustang GT. In June along with 4.10 gears, I, had a Transgo shift kit installed. Let me say that it has operated flawlessly.

However on the Mustang forums they are staunchly anti-transgo saying that it will destroy my transmission. They prefer instead the j-mod be done to the valve body.

Any Transgo users out there who can give there personal experience? Good or bad I, would like to here it.

That would probably be the safest move.

The 4.10's make it fun I bet
wink.gif

In case you haven't seen this .

Scroll down to reply #8 from SCT Guy...that's Jerry Wroblewski, the "father of the 4R70W" and the "J" of "J-mod" fame. There are few people anywhere who know more about this transmission than Jerry does. He explains in great detail why TransGo is not the best solution.

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
In case you haven't seen this .

Scroll down to reply #8 from SCT Guy...that's Jerry Wroblewski, the "father of the 4R70W" and the "J" of "J-mod" fame. There are few people anywhere who know more about this transmission than Jerry does. He explains in great detail why TransGo is not the best solution.

Yup, that is a GREAT link......
thumbsup2.gif

The J-mod is the best route hands down. The TransGo will not destroy the trans, but the J-Mod is a better (and cheaper) route.

The J in the J-Mod stands for Jerry Wroblewski, master mind behind SCT and a former Ford powertrain engineer who was involved with the 4R70W.

His build up of the 4R70 (posted on TCCoA) has proven to be bullet-proof time and time again even in 900 rwhp apps using mostly factory parts. Far superior to alternatives from Lenntech and company.

I have no personal interest, but I did read the listed link.
WOW!
Imagine getting the designer of the trans to give his input on a car forum!
His reasoning was seemed very valid and sensible to me, and his own modification seemed superb .
At that time [a few years ago] the Transgo was a horrible implementation to your trans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back