Tranny issues with the Jeep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he is capable of doing software updates on some OE's but prefers not to because it's delicate and we have bricked an ECM in the past due to poor information about the update and which version of ECM it applied to. Better to send to the dealer for this thing. Besides what his tool can do fixes just about everything that came in the door anyway.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by StevieC
Yeah he is capable of doing software updates on some OE's but prefers not to because it's delicate and we have bricked an ECM in the past due to poor information about the update and which version of ECM it applied to. Better to send to the dealer for this thing. Besides what his tool can do fixes just about everything that came in the door anyway.

thumbsup2.gif
Yeah, generally OE tool is best for doing updates. I know with Chrysler, with how they are delivered through WiTech, you'd be hard pressed to obtain them for use with any other tool.

Originally Posted by Dyusik
A clutch fan out of a 4 banger Jeep can give you healthy air movement, and as easy as swapping parts.

Yep - I have the 4 cylinder fan clutch on mine and both transmission coolers are infront of that. I have a lunchbox style locker in the front and kept overheating the power steering so I added a trans cooler for the power steering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back