Trailer Tires

So my existing trailer tires are ST175/80 D13 (B78-13) - can I swap them with 5.30 - 12 ones?

5.30 - 12, I am getting rims with tires, along with a spare and are in almost new condition than mine. From the pictures, hub pattern looks same but checking in case if anyone has any advise? Thank you

I'm running 13s on my car trailer and I don't believe I could fit a 12'' over the brake drum. If you don't have brakes it should fit. If it's a 5 lug, it should be 5x4.5 ... I've only seen a few oddball trailers running 5x100 and I believe that's because someone swapped in a caravan axle or something.

But you would lose capacity, of course.

In my case, no brakes and it's a small 4x8 trailer which is being used to carry a motorcycle or some lightweight furniture.

2 things, Look at the load rating of the smaller tires they will carry less weight. The smaller tires will also be rotating faster at speed X which on a longer haul will heat up more and nominal bearings may fail. I usually go bigger if possible on my stuff for maximum safe margins.

Today I swapped out these 13’s for ST235/60R14 on galvanized wagon wheels …
Tires/wheels that came on the 5’x 8’ trailer should not be on a wheel barrow … 😷
So my existing trailer tires are ST175/80 D13 (B78-13) - can I swap them with 5.30 - 12 ones?

5.30 - 12, I am getting rims with tires, along with a spare and are in almost new condition than mine. From the pictures, hub pattern looks same but checking in case if anyone has any advise? Thank you

Back