TPMS woes

Owned a 2007 WRX I bought new which didn’t have TPMS. 2008 was mandatory.
My 07 F150 was built March 2007. When I asked what changed from the 2006 F150 into the 2007 F150, the salesman stated that all 2007 and newer vehicles required TPMS. 2006 and before F150's never required TPMS
In the link below it reads as of September 2007 all vehicles from then on required TPMS. Theoretically that would be considered a 2008 model and newer, right? If so, why did Ford make it mandatory on 2007 and newer vehicles? 🤔

My 07 F150 was built March 2007. When I asked what changed from the 2006 F150 into the 2007 F150, the salesman stated that all 2007 and newer vehicles required TPMS. 2006 and before F150's never required TPMS
In the link below it reads as of September 2007 all vehicles from then on required TPMS. Theoretically that would be considered a 2008 model and newer, right? If so, why did Ford make it mandatory on 2007 and newer vehicles? 🤔

You expected the salesman to be knowledgeable?

What I don’t get:
Chrysler/Jeep uses sensors that:
Read individual tires
Are self learning do not need to be reprogrammed all you need to do is drive the vehicle after replacing
But
Many Asian makes don’t do either.
I have a second set of rims for snow tires for our 17 Forester and every time I change tires with the season I have to re program with the programming tool. What I didn’t realize when I bought the tires & rims what that I could have used clonable sensors programmed to the original 4 IDs. That’s the easier way if you have 2 sets of tires with these vehicles, and clonable sensors will work for that vehicle.

PS all the original sensors on my ‘07 Jeep still work…for now at least….

I have the original TPMS in my 2005 Corvette and have never had a problem. I am sure I will need 4 new ones after 18 plus years. A friend of mine has an 07 Corvette with the original TPMS too. Both cars purchased new.

Update: I took my truck back Friday morning. I was scheduled to get the other four sensors replaced (one in the spare too).
An hour later the lady called and said “great news, we had another technician look at it and he was able to get the sensor that we replaced a few weeks ago reprogrammed and the light is off. You are ready to go, no charge “.

Back