TPMS issue

I replaced my Ford focus wheels with Ford fusion wheels. My focus is a 17 S. The car was fine at first . I drove it about 30 miles and then all the sudden it threw a tpms light. So I tried to relearn them with a re learn tool off of Amazon. It will relearn the old sensors on the old wheels but when I try to do the new sensors the car doesn't honk accepting the sensors . Pretty sure the sensors are compatible but the car won't accept them any ideas?

I believe that TPMS sensors are programmed to the specific year, make and model of vehicle. You may need to have the sensors reprogrammed to be compatible with your Focus. It's likely that your Focus doesn't recognize sensors programmed to a Fusion. Specific model years are critical also.

A shop with a Bartec or ATEQ tool should be able to program them if they are OEM sensors. Once programmed you should be able to do the relearn and have the vehicle recognize them and their position.

May not be the case here but make sure you are nowhere near the old sensors when trying to program the new ones. The signals can be fairly strong.

What year is the Fusion they came off of? :unsure:

According to Rock Auto, Mk3 Focus TPMS is 315 MHz, while the Fusion is 315MHz only up to 2016. Ford changed the TPMS frequency on the Fusion starting in 2017, to 433 MHz. While some are listed as 315 MHz, these still aren't compatible with your Focus for some reason (maybe different software). So while the frequency may be the issue, it's not the only reason they're not compatible.

Do you still have the old sensors? Can you install the old Focus sensors into your Fusion wheels? Are you keeping the old Focus wheels?

Back