Toyota Techstream question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have experience using this software?
I purchased the cable and software in the link below, but it doesn't seem to work with my Acer laptop running Win 8.1. The software runs fine, but the cable cannot be connected to the laptop (software won't recognize it).

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/0.ht...tId=32841498510

I have tried almost everything to get it going.
The PC shop I dropped it off at said I need to run windows 7 to get it working OR buy an older laptop that's compatible with 7 (7 cannot be installed on my 8.1 laptop). But since 7 isn't able to buy anymore, that's out of the question.

All of the other cables offered on the internet that are for sale all seem to be the same cable. I don't want to needlessly purchase other software and cables, to be in the same position all over again.

Any advise is greatly appreciated!

Well... I don’t recommend buying those cheap clone interfaces (because I own several and they are all bad quality). There’s poor quality control and sometimes the cable is failed, generally a solder issue. And the cracked software coming with them is usually pita to install and use.

When you plug the cable on your Win10 PC, does it enable a new device? Check the presence with a software like nirsoft’s usbdevview. See the count of CONNECTED devices before and after plugging in. Go from here. If the count is the same, you’ve got a cable ‘ , solder or usb-to-serial chip issue.

If the cable is seen, run Win7 into a virtual machine (VMware the best for passing USB devices to guest OS)

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm currently considering getting a used laptop with Win 7machine with 32bit.
Only costs about $100CAD, much cheaper than a visit to the local Lexus dealer!
Seller (small pc shop) said many of his customers want those laptops for that reason.
Also can keep from causing any problems on my Win 8.1 Acer

Update:
Bought a 32bit win 7 laptop and the software works WONDERFULLY!
Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread. The 122 I spent on everything is an INVESTMENT
in tools for any other Toyota, Lexus or Scion vehicle I may own in the future.

This evening I was able to connect the cable to the car and do the requested changes to the
climate and power steering that have irked me since purchasing the car last December.
There are other settings for power locks, lighting, power seats (and a plethora of other settings) that can be changed with the push of a button. Boy, how cars have changed since I was rebuilding engines in the late 90's!

Now I can look forward to years of trouble-free motoring in my Toyota (Lexus)!

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back