toyota suv's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a friend who's got a Japanese import Toyata SUV, the stock tires are 215 80R 16, which I beleive are not available in North Amarica. What tire size can he install?

Do you want to know what tire size he can install, or do you want to know what SUVs Toyota sells for the Japanese market?

Or both?

Looking at international websites with English, an 80 series tire is available for passenger truck/SUV use, but not in USA/Canada, here we use either a 75 or 85 series. There is a large influx of imported used Japanese vehicles where I live, but the tires have to be replaced with DOT certified tires, he can't drive with the old ones (insurance). I don't remember the name of the SUV, but it's a Toyota.

It's a hot market, they buy 'em cheap, get shipped over, get safetied, and double the money they spent on them to begin with. In B.C. I think they are starting to restrict them over concerns with having the steering wheel on the wrong side.

No Toyota SUV's have OEM 80 series tires that I am aware of (at least late model ones).

The Japanese only made SUV's for sale here are the 4-Runner and the Rav4.

Your question is a little confusing. Do you just need a tire to fit a specific outer diameter and width? Go to Tirerack.com for some good info. on sizes that my fit.

There are a huge load of SUVs made by Toyota Japan.

most Japanese SUVs down here with 16" wheels use 215 to 235 75 x 16 tyres.

Did a carpark survey on Japanese SUVs that have 16" rims.

They all range from 215/75R16, through to 255 on average. a couple of 275s, but they were Coopers, and looked a little fat for the rims

You are probably talking about a Toyota RAV4 and the tire size is 215/70-16. You can use 225/70-16 or 235/60-16 in there place. I have Yokohama Geolanders and like them quite a bit.
hornets_nest.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back