Toyota Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
2003 toyota corolla 1.8 L 5 spd I am trying to find out who makes the toyota brand oil filters. Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

I think you are looking at Denso that's made in thailand. Good stuff. But I did recently read somewhere that they have changed the design and it's now not as great.

Might just stick with WIX. Its for my buddy, he just bought the car, and doesnt want to run junk in it.
THanks

Yes, Denso made in Thailand. I havn't torn one apart but others claim they arn't as good as they were previously. I hope someone with some experience here can comment. I'd like to know how they are too since I'm currently using one.

The older Toyota OEM filters felt pretty solid. The mating surfaces had a good gasket and looked pretty beefy. The newer ones seem to be somewhat of a lesser quality. The gasket will turn with the filter and if you even slightly overtighten, it will leak a little. I have experienced this with both my 03 Matrix and my 04 Tacoma. Once I deplete my small stock, I think I'm going to try a Mobil 1 or K&N.

The Thailand Toyota filters are a totally different design than the Japanese-made filters, yes, but there are no problems with them. They are good quality filters. I have never had a single issue with them. Never a leak, never a dry start. I have cut them open and have no complaints. I can get them for less than $4 on sale at the dealership. Far better IMO than a reverse engineered filter with who knows what quality problems.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back