Toyota OEM filters. yay or nay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently switched to the Toyota OEM filters. I like their build quality. The shell seems stronger and it uses a nice gasket material. The one's I buy are made by Purolator, however they are made to Toyota's specs.

The only major difference in those two filters is the price and silicone ADBV.

When Toyota Oz stopped selling the Japanese madefilters with their "sponge" media, and went to Taiwanese pleated paper media at the same cost, I went back to Ryco.

quote:

Originally posted by edwardh1:
anywhere to get toy OEM filters online at a good price?

E-mail [email protected]
Ask for price with shipping.
I'm probably at $4 a filter.
I have three Toyotas and only use OEM filters and parts.Tundrasolutions has other Toyota links for OEM and aftermarket.I just like Carson.

Hello,
first post.Toyota filter same spec thread and gasket as standard Ford. Ford mounted inverted vertically,no need for antidrainback valve.Most Toyotas mounted some where between 90 and 180 degrees.I have personally seen truck with older 22re seized and filter supplier paid for long block.
ed

I've used Toyota OEM, Hastings, PureOne and Napa Gold on my new Corolla.

Going to use Napa Gold from here on out because the town two miles down the road has a Napa. Shore Auto Parts, the other parts store in town, sells Hastings, which I've read here are a good filter, but I can't seem to find out what filter is 'best' by reading on here.

So, I figure Napa Gold is certainly one of the best, easily had, more than 'good enough'.

Garrett

A Wix is a excellent filter for a Toyota. So is Purolator Pureone.

Toyotas do like the better sealing silicon ADBV used on the Wix and Pureone oil filters because of the position they are mounted in.

I also like the Japan made filters when Toyota sold them. But many of the newer air and oil filters are now made by Purolator in the USA for the US market. Nothing wrong with OEM other than the price.

This question has been asked many times. Search on Toyota.

I get Toyota filters for less than $4 ea. when dealer puts them on sale--every couple months here. I buy a two or three at a time. They are great build quality. They are made for the application, and actually cheaper than a "reverse engineered" Wix filter. If I didn't have access to Toyota filters, I would (and have in the past) use Wix. Why anyone would want to use ST filters is beyond me. I don't go for lowest bidder for my oil filters. An extra couple of dollars is money well spent to me.

quote:

Originally posted by Tones:
Why anyone would want to use ST filters is beyond me. I don't go for lowest bidder for my oil filters. An extra couple of dollars is money well spent to me.

hmmm, cause they work and work well?

I've used Supertech filters on many outfits that I change oil on for my friends and family and never a problem.
dunno.gif

I cut them open after the oil change and everything looks like it should. No tears, rubber on the valve is nice and new looking. Oil is filtered and all of the UOAs look excellent. (if we over look the coolant in the oil on my last ford Taurus..
frown.gif
)

Why anyone would spend twice as much for a oil filter is beyond me...
grin.gif

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back