Toyota filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi in this video at 7:30 there are 3 Toyota filters with the same part number and they are all different. The presenter said he purchased them from different places all for different prices. One of them does not look well made. Is it likely to be a fake or does Toyota just use different manufacturers? Would you be happy to use any one of these?

http://youtu.be/QfLJVZbdKL8

There seem to be a number of people selling Toyota filters on ebay. I was considering buying a 5 pack as they work out a very good price. I don't want to buy a Chinese knock off though.

I don't even use a genuine Toyota/Denso filter anymore ... they have a pretty poor filtering efficiency. If any are counterfeit/fake, I'm sure they are even worse.

Originally Posted By: jrustles
Most OEMs use lower-efficiency media than aftermarket filters

Most OEM-ers also don't tell you what the real efficiency of the filter is.

The factory cartridge filter for the 2014 V6 Camry is pleated paper. I replaced with Amsoil cartridge replacement, looks like cotton fiber, much better quality. My experience with the cartridge is very positive. Cartridge is vertical in the front passenger side, easy to access. In a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the most difficult, I would rate difficulty at: 1.

52pu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back