Toyota Avalon Radiator Drain and Fill

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested in doing a drain and fill of the radiator and engine block. I found one engine block drain at the front of the engine, but I cannot locate the one at the back of the engine closest to the firewall. The engine is a 1mZ-FE and is transversely mounted, I would like to know where the other engine block drain is, so that I can get out 100% of the old coolant and not have to flush it and possibly mess up the 50/50 mix of coolant.

I have yet to find it on my Camry 1MZFE engine either. Next time I'm at the parts counter I plan on asking the guy to show me the location on the parts diagram, if he will.

I've never been able to find the one on my 97 Avalon with the same engine. If it's that hard to find it must be impossible to get to....

I found the rear block drain on my '95 Avalon, but it took 15 minutes of staring at it with a bright light shining - very frustrating. It's accessible with a socket and extension.

Pari,

Jack the front of the car up (and put on stands) so you can slide underneath. Slide head first front to back past the oil pan and start looking up. The block drain is reachable with a socket (12/13mm - can't remember which, but same size as front) from under the car so it's in your line of sight. A real PITA to find for this old man!

Before draining the fluid, I would turn the temp setting to hot (key on) to help drain the heater core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back