Toyota/Amsoil advice

I've heard somebody make that claim simply due to the fact that Toyota adds more dimer Moly. I don't think that's sufficient grounds to draw that conclusion.

I was about to post the same observation. There seem to be a lot of folks here who love to see large ppm numbers for Moly but don't consider, or give enough weight to, the type of Moly or the balance of the additive package, and how and why everything works together.

I agree with both of yall

I was about to post the same observation. There seem to be a lot of folks here who love to see large ppm numbers for Moly but don't consider, or give enough weight to, the type of Moly or the balance of the additive package, and how and why everything works together.
And past that I’m not even sure some of these posters know what “moly” is.

I'd use M1 over TGMO without a 2nd thought. Heavier base oil blend, lower Noack.
Last time it was tested:
- TGMO 0W-20 (SN) had a 12.9% Noack
- M1 AFE 0W-20 (SP) has a 9.8% Noack
- M1 AFE 0W-20 (SN) had a 10.7% Noack

M1 EP would be even lower.
I went to my Toyota dealer about 1-2 weeks ago... I wanted a case of 6 1L containers of their 0W-20. I had last bought a case in June 2022, pre tax and fees it was $38 a box. This time they wanted pre fees and tax $96 a box... This is in Vancouver Canada. Basically $16 a Liter or PC Amsoil SS prices...

I balked of course, had them tell me why it has more than doubled in 6 months... they said it must be an error and they'd look into it told me to get back to them in a week or two. Will be following up this week.

While I was there, I had them check as I also purchased a 4.73L Jug of 0W-20 at the same time. I paid for that in June, $33 pre taxes and fees. This time it is now $43 pre taxes and fees. I said to the guy so this oil went up 33%, but the 1L are up over 100%... So it's I could buy 3 Liters single for $48, or buy 4.73L jug for $43...

Apparently their parts manager was on it and gonna investigate.

I went to my Toyota dealer about 1-2 weeks ago... I wanted a case of 6 1L containers of their 0W-20. I had last bought a case in June 2022, pre tax and fees it was $38 a box. This time they wanted pre fees and tax $96 a box... This is in Vancouver Canada. Basically $16 a Liter or PC Amsoil SS prices...

I balked of course, had them tell me why it has more than doubled in 6 months... they said it must be an error and they'd look into it told me to get back to them in a week or two. Will be following up this week.

While I was there, I had them check as I also purchased a 4.73L Jug of 0W-20 at the same time. I paid for that in June, $33 pre taxes and fees. This time it is now $43 pre taxes and fees. I said to the guy so this oil went up 33%, but the 1L are up over 100%... So it's I could buy 3 Liters single for $48, or buy 4.73L jug for $43...

Apparently their parts manager was on it and gonna investigate.
Thats crazy lol I live in Southern California and the TGMO is close to $2 more a quart than M1 or Castrol

Back