Towing Info Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: supton
I love the notion of the A Liner, but it's too small for me since I have two kids in tow also. Just got a 12' box popup at the end of this summer, and love the size. I just need to fix the roof and get ac, and I will be quite content.

Good luck!

In all of our camping experiences, I think our pop-up days were the most fun. The largest pop-up we've ever owned was a Fleetwood Willamsburg. It was certainly the heaviest. At the show this past weekend, we saw some pop-ups I swear you could raise a family in they were so big. As opposed to my youth when I enjoyed roughing it, at my age now I need a little more comfort but I don't need a house on wheels with all the bells and whistles. It's amazing what they can put on wheels these days and what some are willing to pay, and tow. Personally, with a larger RV, it's more like work and less like fun. Having said that, I understand that some use the larger RVs as seasonal homes, and there is a need. But for a weekend/vacation RV, a smaller RV with just enough amenities is better for me. Thanks for the input.

I have been considering a popup. But my father would disown me for buying one so I would have to hide it.

I guess they are light enough to be dragged behind the Focus!

I have to disagree with you on that. I have a Passport, made by Keystone. It is a 32 footer with two slides and is 7500 lbs loaded (on the scales) Takes the same amount of time to setup as an 18 footer. I paid 22,000 for it out the door. Not a lot of options because it is an Ultra light. I have seen pop ups that cost more than that.

I have owned a Class A, 5th Wheel and a pop up. The pop up always took the longest to set up and take down.
With the trailer I park, unhook, put down the jacks, hook up water, power, sewer and put the slides out done. Have to do that on every trailer. I have had it all over Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Yellowstone and some other spots. I have never had any problems getting into most sites.

You have to match the wheelbase of the truck with the length of the trailer. Having the 4 door long bed which weighs about the same as the trailer loaded keeps everything nice and stable even after I suffered a blowout going 60 mph.

3220 Bunkhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back