Total Fuel System Cleaner Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
How often (mileage duration) do you use Redline , Gumout or Techron total fuel system cleaner ? Right now I am using just before I change the oil in a 6 month / 6500 mile OCI . Would it hurt to run a tank of any of above half way through the OCI or is fuel delution a concern ?

I'm sure you will be fine. Iv ran several bottles of cleaners in a OCI if my car starts hesitating or idling low.

Ran about half a can of b12 Chem tool in 3 gallons drove 2 gallons and added the rest and filled it up. Stuff works well for me.

Use to add it to my fathers truck from time to time when I heared him complaining about hard time starting.

If your having really bad problems I suggest a can of techron followed by b12 Chem tool.

I don't think any cleaner will knock out all carbon and deposits but I like to let techron soak in and then hit it with a can of b12 to knock it all out.

Might just be me. Might be over kill but its my fav combo.

Plus techron has helped with my fuel gauge in the past.

I run it the last full tank before each oil change, which for me comes out to being about once ever 5k-7k miles.

I only run it if I think it "needs" it. At least that way, I can actually "feel" it working and I don't feel like I "wasted" a good bottle for nothing.

By the way, I used to believe "moaaar is better" but a contrary experience with my lawn mower has now convinced me to go easy on the fuel system cleaners.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
I only run it if I think it "needs" it. At least that way, I can actually "feel" it working and I don't feel like I "wasted" a good bottle for nothing.

By the way, I used to believe "moaaar is better" but a contrary experience with my lawn mower has now convinced me to go easy on the fuel system cleaners.

What happened to the lawn mower?

main jet got all the dissolved gunk in it.

Here was the sequence of events :-
1) lawn mower not running well
2) add little bit of the cleaner
3) it starts running better
4) add lot more cleaner
5) the lawnmower starts running even worse
6) took the main jet out and it was filthy
7) cleaned it and put it back; and runs well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back