Total fluid capacity of 2018 CR-V CVT?

I'm trying to find the total fluid capacity of the CRV CVT. The manual just states 3.9qt for the FWD. I've found sources online that hint that it might be 8qts or 10qts. Does anyone have a shop manual that might give more detail? I'm trying to determine how many drain and fills will replace most of the fluid.

I just did a 2nd drain and fill yesterday at 28576 mi and the fluid came out pretty clean looking compared to the first drain and fill at 24684 mi. I took a sample and will be checking wear metals and TAN. I already sampled Honda HCF-2 virgin (0.4 TAN) and my sample at 24684 mi had a TAN of 1.3. I guess the UOA will be pretty telling but in the meantime, if anyone knows the total fluid capacity, it would satisfy my curiosity. :)

Thanks!

I'm trying to find the total fluid capacity of the CRV CVT. The manual just states 3.9qt for the FWD. I've found sources online that hint that it might be 8qts or 10qts. Does anyone have a shop manual that might give more detail? I'm trying to determine how many drain and fills will replace most of the fluid.

I just did a 2nd drain and fill yesterday at 28576 mi and the fluid came out pretty clean looking compared to the first drain and fill at 24684 mi. I took a sample and will be checking wear metals and TAN. I already sampled Honda HCF-2 virgin (0.4 TAN) and my sample at 24684 mi had a TAN of 1.3. I guess the UOA will be pretty telling but in the meantime, if anyone knows the total fluid capacity, it would satisfy my curiosity. :)

Thanks!
Checkout CRV owners club. They maybe able to tell you. Honestly when I did our Pilot six speed I did a drain and fill at 7500 , 15K and again at 30K to get most of it out.

The owner's manual doesn't have the total quantity under specifications; change amounts are 3.9 qt/3.7 L for FWD models, 4.5 qt/4.3 L for AWD models. I believe the FWD models are just over 8 qts total if I remember. I change ours out after setting overnight, drain then refill with same amount + a little more, then do the level check.

AWD= 8.9 quarts
FWD= 8.0 quarts
yep, Amsoil's website on the money again:

Capacity:BRHA (FWD) Total Fill 8 quarts
3.9 quarts Initial Fill

Capacity:BRGA (AWD) Total Fill 8.9 quarts
4.5 quarts Initial Fill

Back