Torco MPZ Additive.....Works!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo

I was pretty interested in Torco's MPZ additive so I thought I'd convince my mate to give it a shot in his 200SX (Same SR20DET as me). Hes been using Castrol GTX3 and I told him to dump the stuff for some real synthetic. Before he did that tho I suggested he try the MPZ additive to see if it really works. Added it in, and after a 50k drive we came across 3 things;

1) Idle vacuum gained 1 in/Hg. Before it was always pegged on 18in/Hg. Now its 19, and its NEVER been that high before. Friction reduction for sure.. Light cruising has gained slighly more vacuum aswell.

2) There was a slight tapping noise near the back of the head. Its completely gone now. Idle is alot quieter! Only the injectors make noise now..

3) No detectable change in power during WOT. Never expected a change either.

Seems all the FM/AW agents (probably just a bucket of moly!) they put in there sure works..

Just thought I'd share it with you. Now im pretty interested in their new Grp 4/5 oils, but I just put some 300V a month and that cost me a bucketload =(

I have been using Torco for a few years now. More than satisfied. I am now (my sons Ford Focus) using their SR-1 5w-20, after using their Ow-20. Half the price. A full synthetic designer oil for $5 a qt. delivered to my door?

People on this board should be trying this product out...but it seems they have a Torco block LOL

quote:

Originally posted by tenderloin:
I have been using Torco for a few years now. More than satisfied. I am now (my sons Ford Focus) using their SR-1 5w-20, after using their Ow-20. Half the price. A full synthetic designer oil for $5 a qt. delivered to my door?

People on this board should be trying this product out...but it seems they have a Torco block LOL

Yeah I know ,the thread in the Car and Truck section went over like a lead balloon . Oh well.

I just recieved my order of 5 and 10/30 wt SR1 and like the sealed tops along with the price
cheers.gif
and dumped the M1 out of one of my cars to try the Torco out . Analysis coming after miles accumulate then if it does as expected I'm gonna stock up.

Leo ,

Neat you thought to check the vacuum . Are you going to have the oil analized ?

2nd update. Idle vacuum has dropped slightly to 18.5in/Hg due to cold weather, but this is still higher than any time pre-treatment. In cold weather, the idle vacuum tends to be approx 17.5in/Hg anyway.

Also the Varible Cam Timing Actuator on SR20DETs after about 80,000ks are prone to rattling on a cold start up. The additive has reduced the rattling time in half, as well as a notable reduction the 'loudness' of it too. All that moly must be doing something
wink.gif

Motorbike - Probably not going to do a UOA on this oil, as I doubt my mate wants to spend the $$$ on it. I'll definitely do a VOA/UOA when the SR-5 goes into my motor next.

I am very suprisingly impressed by this MPZ stuff..

I tried this stuff a long, long time ago. It never really seemed to do much of anything for my car.

MPZ simply increases the levels of Moly, Phosphorus and Zinc (additives already in most oils).

Is this stuff dark colored or fairly clear? Have never seen it here in the midwest. Of course, we have never seen GC 0W30 either.

Yeah it was a creamy pinky look. Definitely not transperant. Now that I think about it, maybe I should have done a VOA on it. But that woulda costed more than the additive itself haha. Anyone want pics of the packaging? I think any Torco dealer can get the stuff...

Oh and one more thing, this stuff stinks! Because I vent my crankcase to atmosphere via catchcan, under the bonnet there is a definite smell LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back