TOP TIER gas : Additives matter ...

Not top tier but eFREE ~$2 a gallon more, definitely no t worth it

IMG_4511.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4510.jpeg
    IMG_4510.jpeg
    175.1 KB · Views: 35
Sunoco has floated in and out of TT but currently is listed at this time.
I’ve always used Shell or Sunoco as they are less than a mile from home. The shell station changed over to BP and is now almost always a dime higher than the Sunoco station who just recently renovated with all new tanks and pumps so I’m getting all Sunoco now. There is a Walmart store and station a half mile from the Sunoco so they always price match so Sunoco is a no brainer in my case.

A year or two ago the BP in my area had a sign stating they were no longer participation in Top Tier but their fuels addivitives exceed top tier?

If they exceeded Top Tier then why not continue carrying the Top Tier labelling?
Still says on their website that they don’t participate but all grades exceed top tier.

I use Ultimate most of the time, I like Shell a lot too but availability near me is limited.

Regarding fuel wash on shutdown, I don't understand why manufacturers don't design the injectors to shut off immediately when the ignition is cut off. Clearly there is no need for any fuel during those last few revolutions during shutdown, and this should be very easy to program into the ECM. My pickup has a carbon filter to catch vapors coming up the intake before they enter the atmosphere, which seems very silly and unnecessary... if only the injectors could be shut off when fuel is no longer needed.

These are from VALERO and SUNOCO sites . Don't remember seeing these in the past . VALERO site you can CLICK on TOP TIER Gasoline to go to site to find list of T.T gasolines . BEACON , DIAMOND SHAMROCK and SHAMROCK are also on the Top Tier list .

IMG_2836.JPG
IMG_2833.JPG
IMG_2834.JPG

Last edited:
I use Shell V-Power® NiTRO+ everytime. If I'm traveling and can't find a convenient Shell then I'll do Mobil.
I use top tier gas in regular grade - west coast gas for regular is $4.50 to $4.80 (ouch !) so hopefully I’m doing ok with top tier regular and Techron added just before every oil change at 4K miles .

Regarding fuel wash on shutdown, I don't understand why manufacturers don't design the injectors to shut off immediately when the ignition is cut off. Clearly there is no need for any fuel during those last few revolutions during shutdown, and this should be very easy to program into the ECM. My pickup has a carbon filter to catch vapors coming up the intake before they enter the atmosphere, which seems very silly and unnecessary... if only the injectors could be shut off when fuel is no longer needed.
Fuel wash?

Once you turn the ignition switch off, the fuel pump, ignition circuit and ECU injector command signals quit. Can't get any quicker than that.

Back