Top Tier E10 or non-Top Tier with no Ethanol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which one would you choose if you had both easily available? I found a CFN station close by that sells Non Ethanol fuel in 87, 89, and 92 octane. This station is primarily a card lock station for commercial use, but they sell to the public during business hours as they are a distribution center with tanker trucks, and have a full office on site.

I normally use Schell 92oct or Chevron 92oct, both with the E10 tag on the pumps. If you could easily choose, which one would you use? The non-top tier/non e10 station, or the top tier with e10 stations?

I also use Redline SI-1 system cleaner in maintenance doses....if that makes a difference

motor is a 2.4l turbo charged 4cyl making 260hp/285tq at the wheels.

Id go non ethanol in 92 octane, just because we cant do it here in California. Seems you are adding cleaners and additives that are probably just as good as what top teir is dispensing anyway. Most well maintained engines see little improvement from extra help, the idea is to clean up cars that are not running as well i.e. trying to wash off the stuff that is on the valves from blowby and pcv systems that are not up to par etc.

I'm wondering the same thing. There's a place down the road that carries ethanol free 90 octane gas. Thinking about trying it but a little unsure about how fresh the gas is.

I found out today that they are $0.20-0.30 more per gallon on average for the 92octane non ethanol compared to other stations that dont see non ethanol fuels. I will need to do some alculating to see what the mileage difference to cost difference is between non ethanol and my normal Chevron with eth. Since I use the Redline cleaner, I dont think there will be a downside to using a non top teir fuel.

At .30 more per gallon, it would only be $3 more per fillup.

I have also been doing some reading that it is possible in the state of Washington that alot of stations sell their premium fuels without ethanol in order to give boat owners and companies that use alot of small engines an easy way to get non ethanol fuels. The only problem is, they dont advertise if the premium fuel is or isnt E10. I guess I will have to do the E10 test at a few different stations to find out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back