Tommy's Express

Just had one open in town and they were giving a way a free car wash so why not. Pretty decent job except the hood, it left little spots of dust all over, the rest of the car was good. They don't use a brush on top, instead they use bunch of 2 inch strips hanging down going back and forth, maybe they were having some issues since they just opened. One thing I liked was the tire cleaner, like a long auger turning as the belt pulls the car along. And the blower did a good job of blowing the water off. Free vacuums that have a hose on each side of the car so you not fighting the hose.

Any one else use this company, I hear they are all over.

I get it, some of you wouldn't dream of doing this to your DD so no need to scold me :)

There's been one in town for years but they're all of a sudden building 3 new ones around the metro.

That being said, I've went through it once and it wasn't bad. Like you, I was impressed with the tire shine setup but overall not my favorite place. Also, the one here doesn't have tire lanes, you know the metal rails you line up with. The whole wash is a giant treadmill you just drive on and go into park.

Just had one open in town and they were giving a way a free car wash so why not. Pretty decent job except the hood, it left little spots of dust all over, the rest of the car was good. They don't use a brush on top, instead they use bunch of 2 inch strips hanging down going back and forth, maybe they were having some issues since they just opened. One thing I liked was the tire cleaner, like a long auger turning as the belt pulls the car along. And the blower did a good job of blowing the water off. Free vacuums that have a hose on each side of the car so you not fighting the hose.

Any one else use this company, I hear they are all over.

I get it, some of you wouldn't dream of doing this to your DD so no need to scold me :)
The car wash equipment you are describing is called a "mitter". It requires regular maintenance as well as proper water pressure from the integral spray nozzles. This is an area that most car wash operators over look, because it requires getting on a ladder to inspect, and or perform appropriate maintenance. I would suggest that you contact the owner if you feel your wash experience was inadequate in any way. If they value your patronage they will offer to refund your purchase, and or provide you with a complimentary wash.

There's been one in town for years but they're all of a sudden building 3 new ones around the metro.

That being said, I've went through it once and it wasn't bad. Like you, I was impressed with the tire shine setup but overall not my favorite place. Also, the one here doesn't have tire lanes, you know the metal rails you line up with. The whole wash is a giant treadmill you just drive on and go into park.
We did have another one open up just down the street from this one called WashTech that I haven't tried yet, they weren't as generous when they opened up with a free wash like Tommy's with out signing up to receive text messages, it says up to eight a month.

This one just has one belt on the drivers side so you need to be in neutral for it to work.

The car wash equipment you are describing is called a "mitter". It requires regular maintenance as well as proper water pressure from the integral spray nozzles. This is an area that most car wash operators over look, because it requires getting on a ladder to inspect, and or perform appropriate maintenance. I would suggest that you contact the owner if you feel your wash experience was inadequate in any way. If they value your patronage they will offer to refund your purchase, and or provide you with a complimentary wash.

I wonder if it wasn't setup correctly since it was only the second day they were open, I know they had some compressor issues the first day from what I hear. I have several free coupons so I will try it again.

Back