toddler wakes at nite ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im kinda scratching my head, my boys 21 months old and i thought we were done with the middle of the night stuff as my boys been sleeping pretty soundly all nite since about 12 months. He has recently had a ear infection but he's been on meds for a week and no discomfort durring daytime hours.. this past week he's been waking every 2-3 hours screaming.. rocking him back to sleep has worked but this still seems odd to me as he would sleep 10-12 hours clear through the nite most of this past year.. I am making another doctor appointment but thought id run this one by ya'll .. any experience with this.

If he's got an ear ache, it may be worse laying down. Otherwise, a full belly is the best prescription for young kids to sleep.

I am going through the exact same situation with my 16 month old daughter.

She has been sleeping through the night for a year now. Last week started waking up in the middle of the night.

Guess what.... we are currently treating her for an ear infection.

Try a little tylenol and like said before, some milk or food in the tummy.

although I don't want to be recommending medicine to someone over the internet, the first thing we usually do is try some panadol or somthing similar (baby version) on our kids. Somethings bugging them. Maybe teeth you can't see yet? They could also be afraid of the dark - sometimes they wake up at night and instead of calming themselves they work themselves up.

just talked to my wife, guess the infection is'nt gone yet, she said he's been fussing all afternoon and tugging at his ears.. makes since. will have to get him into the docs office asap monday (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back