Today's delivery....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoy the 86 Shannow... if you get to the point of feeling it needs...more.... Look into the COYODA turbo kit. designed and built in AUS, by Coyote Tuning of Brisbane, and Allied Performance Projects/ Al "Turbo Yoda" Butler of Noosaville...

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by SR5
Originally Posted by Oildudeny
austrailia temps and a high rpm engine hmm 0w16..

I believe Shannow's plan is to mix the new 0W16 with his existing stash of 5W40 to make something that approximates a 5W30, which I believe is the spec for that car (Subaru BRZ) in Oz.

A lot of posters didn't bother to read Shannow's comment. The picture of the 0w16 triggered them.

I knew he was mixing. besides, he is also a hths guy ... but I also know (I think) that he likes Magnatec.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by earlyre
Enjoy the 86 Shannow... if you get to the point of feeling it needs...more.... Look into the COYODA turbo kit. designed and built in AUS, by Coyote Tuning of Brisbane, and Allied Performance Projects/ Al "Turbo Yoda" Butler of Noosaville...

Not far up the road from me

Originally Posted by OilUzer
I knew he was mixing. besides, he is also a hths guy ... but I also know (I think) that he likes Magnatec.
grin2.gif

Verrry goood....if there was an ILSAC GF-5 10W30 magnatec......

Originally Posted by Oildudeny
Why just buy 5w30.

Cause I've got way too much 5W40 Dexos 2...

Originally Posted by SR5
Originally Posted by Shannow
grin2.gif

Verrry goood....if there was an ILSAC GF-5 10W30 magnatec......

There is a Castrol Edge 10W30 A5/B5 & GF-5 in Oz with a HTHS of 3.2cP

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4067004/

haven't seen that locally...yep, I'd do that...when I use my stash.

Thread Hijack, Shannow have you seen this ?

it's the new National Anthem of 'Straya to the tune of Outkast's "Hey Ya"

/Hijack

Shannow, just thinking, since we now both think Nulon is OK, I often see their Dexos1 full synthetic on sale. I picked some up recently at 60% off from AutoBarn ($25 for 5L), practically giving it away!

Nulon Long Life 5W30 Full Synthetic
API SN, ILSAC GF-5, Chrysler MS-6395, Dexos1-Gen2
KV100 = 10.66 cSt, TBN = 8.5 , SA = 0.9 %,

With a real Dexos license that is listed on the GM web site.

Also my local Bunnings has Valvoline DuraBlend 10W30 semi-synthetic at $35 everyday price.
SAE 10W-30, API SN PLUS/RC, API SN/CF, Energy Conserving, ILSAC GF-5

Which has just been reformulated to SN-Plus.

Of course you don't need any help from me picking oils, just playing and thinking out loud.

Originally Posted by Shannow
Thanks Ron...yes...tempting...but too much on site here

Hey Steve, same here Mate.
I didn't need the Nulon D1-G2 but it was too tempting to walk past (a disease that BITOG gave me).

Then suddenly and unexpectedly I picked up a second car that can use it in (as well as my first car). With the shutdown I'm not buying any more oil so I should start working through my stash.

BTW I'm so happy that you got yourself a fun car, you deserve it.

Last edited:
Who makes Nulon? I don't see it at local WM
grin2.gif

If Shannow is buying it, must be a good oil.
He probably analyzed it to death ... lol

Taken over by Fuchs now I believe. Last time I was in Supercheap (closed under our shutdown) I was looking for the Nulon A3/B4 20W-50 for my bike, and there was not much Nulon on the shelf. Best bang for the buck and recommended for the bike was Castrol Active 4T 15W-50 .

Who makes Nulon? I don't see it at local WM
grin2.gif

If Shannow is buying it, must be a good oil.
He probably analyzed it to death ... lol

LOL...yes, I've got this other bookend in the stash too...it's a bookend to the 0W16...

It too was being used as an "additive" but to thicken the overbought Helix AG for the Captiva...25W-60 with a Harman Index of 1...a monograde, as suggested by SoJ...

[Linked Image from automotivesuperstore.com.au]

That's a real oil. thought I was a thickie using 10W30

Was wondering where 25W60 is used and also forgot that 25W was a SAE grade so it got me even more curious to do a little research ... Saw some avionics references. However Mobil and Castrol market it for cars.

Castrol "intelligent" molecules fight "cholesterol" as well. lol
Curious about api sn! What kind of resource conserving does 25W60 offer? Your engine?
grin2.gif

I think I may move back to 10W40 like old days or maybe even 0W40.

+++

GTX High Mileage 25W-60

GTX High Mileage 25W-60 Superior protection against deposits for automobiles over 100,000 kms

Description
Castrol GTX High Mileage 25W-60 is one of the leading Premium oils for engines over 100,000 kilometers. Its advanced formula uses modern technology in a Castrol exclusive additive that brings superior protection against harmful engine deposit build up that acts as "cholesterol" in your engine. Castrol GTX High Mileage 25W-60 allows free flow of oil throughout the crtiical engine parts.

Application
Exceeds the requirements for gasoline and gas (LPG, CNG, GNV), fueled automobiles including those with turbo, multiple valve and catalytic converters where API SN, SM, SL or SJ is recommended.

Advantages
Its exclusive additive offers superior detegency that helps fight and prevent harmful deposit build-up offering 40% greater protection than the most stringent API industry standard*

Utilizes special base oils to provide superior protection against oil burn-off associated with 100,000 plus kilometer engines compared to leading oils**

Helps prevent deterioration of engine seals resulting in less oil consumption which helps extend the life of the engine.

Helps prevent wear
* As measured in VG sludge test
** As measured in NOACK laboratory volatility test

Product Performance Claims API SN

+++

Mobil:

Product Description
Mobil Special Alto Kilometraje is a unique formula that is especially designed for engines with over 100,000 kilometers. The 25W-60 viscosity provides a thick oil film that helps protect gasoline engines that operate in severe service such as high temperatures and in city traffic where stop-and-go driving is common. Mobil Special Alto Kilometraje is formulated from quality base stocks combined with performance additives, which help protect against the formation of sludge and corrosion.

Features and Benefits
Mobil Special Alto Kilometraje:

• Helps to reduce engine wear and corrosion in higher mileage vehicles
• Protects under a wide variety of operating conditions, especially high temperatures
• Helps reduce oil leakage due to the thick oil film
• Reduce oil consumption

Mobil Special Alto Kilometraje is recommended by ExxonMobil for higher mileage vehicles including turbo charged, super charged, fuel injected, multi-valve and normally aspirated engines. Before using Mobil Special Alto Kilometraje, consult the owner's manual of the vehicle for the manufacturer's recommended viscosity grade and API Service Classification.

So you are officially mixing Shannow ???

lol.gif

Nothing wrong with that
smile.gif

Good to see you on here. I hope that you have been doing good given everything. You have been in my thoughts for a good while now. Sincerely, your friend Bradley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back