Tires for 2006 Camry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michelin owns BF Goodrich. The buyer clubs sell what are essentially Michelin tires with BF Goodrich labels. I also like the several Conti offerings in 205-65-15 which I have on several Camrys.

I have had 3 Camry's, and I will never use less than the spec V speed rating again. Went to a H on my 07, and had bad directional stability. Same experience back when I had a 01
Camry. Lesson learned.

Originally Posted By: Traction
I have had 3 Camry's, and I will never use less than the spec V speed rating again. Went to a H on my 07, and had bad directional stability. Same experience back when I had a 01
Camry. Lesson learned.

What H-rated tire did you use?

At least in some years, only the ES300 spec'd V, while the equivalent Camry only required H for the same tire size.

I prefer to think of tires as something where you want the service for them as well.

I buy at discount tire. There are so many outlets around here, I never have to go far for free rotations, free flat repair, or warranty.

People shop on price alone sometimes, and they don't get any service or any warranty.

I would also buy tires from Firestone because there are tons of the stores out here also.

When you look at a tirerack deal, that makes no sense to me. You pay basically the same price as discount tire, and you have nobody to mount it at a reasonable price, and you get no service.

Tirerack only makes sense if you have a sports car or an oddball tire size and can't get what you want locally.

For a camry you have a million choices. I ran three sets of falkens on various cars, and they were fine. They are usually the cheapest tire from discount tire.

Originally Posted By: B20z
Another vote for the Generals, but someplace other than Walmart. Also had good luck with Yokohama Avid Ascend, Cooper CS4, and Kumho Solus on similar vehicles. Had issues with the Ziex with balancing on 2 sets but wouldn't rule them out either.

+1 on the Yokohama Avid Ascends. I few more $ than the ones listed in the OP.

Put these on my Camry in 2012 when they were 60k mile tires. Still have 2 of the 2012 tires on the rear with 72k on them. Should be able to get 90k out of them. Fronts would have been still going too but had a sidewall blowout. So I went with 2 new fronts. The Ascends are now 80k tires.

Camry. Lesson learned.

Speed rating has nothing to do with directional stability. Which tire was the H one you had?

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
Camry. Lesson learned.

Speed rating has nothing to do with directional stability. Which tire was the H one you had?

Okay, I'm sure part of the problem was the H rated Goodyear fuel max. I will still never use less than a V rated tire on a Camry. They need all the help from a good tire they can get. Loved the Continental pure contacts I had on the wrecked 07. And yes, speed rating has a big affect on stability. Might even try a W for summer use. Always have run Blizzaks in the winter. Don't care about dry conditions then.

Last edited:

Okay, I'm sure part of the problem was the H rated Goodyear fuel max.
-snip-
And yes, speed rating has a big affect on stability. Might even try a W for summer use. Always have run Blizzaks in the winter. Don't care about dry conditions then.

The only W-rated tire in this size is the Falken Ziex ZE950.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Michelin owns BF Goodrich. The buyer clubs sell what are essentially Michelin tires with BF Goodrich labels. I also like the several Conti offerings in 205-65-15 which I have on several Camrys.

Good to know. I just looked up for our Celica at Discount Tire and they have some BF Goodrich tires for MORE than the Michelin Defenders that I like so much (Camry has the old version of the Defenders called Destiny and/or Harmony).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back