Tires - 2010 RX 350

Starting to look at tires for the fall.

I initially had it down to 2 - either the Continental Cross Contact, or Pirelli Scorpion Verde.

Cooper CS5 might be an option, depending on upcoming rebates.

The wildcard is --- GY Assurance Outlast. GY gets such varied opinions here, and elsewhere.

Anyone with direct knowledge of these ? There was 1 review with a 2017 CR-V, which claimed over 60k, with plenty of tread left.

Thanks.

Never having owned pirelli, my leanjng would be to the continentals. Check out reviews AND the performance studies on tire rack. I think pirelli makes good tires with their own strengths and weaknesses. Rain traction and noise have been a picky point for me, so I’ve tended to shy away from pirelli. But they also make some fabulous HP tires and iirc tend to be consistent, well-made tires. For the Lexus, continental may be a better personality.

"Pirelli CEO Marco Tronchetti Provera sold the 150-year-old company to ChemChina in 2015. ChemChina is now part of Chinese state-owned chemical company Sinochem."
Well that sucks. Pirelli is off the list now. Guess that means plan C, Firestone Destination LE3 joins the suspects.

How important is snow/winter performance? Do you use separate tires for the winter? :unsure:

If you like Cooper, check out the Enduramax

I just put Continental LX25 tires on my RX350. They presently have a good rebate promotion going on. I have had good experiences with Continental tires, including on a C7 Corvette for all season use.
I just saw those LX25 on Tirerack. With their rebate and if you get and use their Continental credit card you get them for $149 each for my 225/60-18 size. Excellent deal on those. Adding them to my list of suspects.

I just saw those LX25 on Tirerack. With their rebate and if you get and use their Continental credit card you get them for $149 each for my 225/60-18 size. Excellent deal on those. Adding them to my list of suspects.
A week or so ago, Walmart was showing the rebate. I am not seeing it anymore.

Yet another vote for the Continental Crosscontact LX25s. I have them on my RAV4 Hybrid. They are whisper quiet and excellent in the dry, rain, and snow. I have just over 40K miles on them and have 7 to 8/32” remaining.

Back