Tire with 5 plugs

In my state a business cannot legally plug a tire lol. I always do plugs though because it’s easier and they are just as good. I can say though I’ve never seen that many plugs in one lol.
Same here
The reason is that you do not remove the tire from the rim when plugging a tire. Without removing the tire you can't see any internal damage.

Same here
The reason is that you do not remove the tire from the rim when plugging a tire. Without removing the tire you can't see any internal damage.

Which makes sense, if they drove a block to the gas station on the flat and destroyed the sidewall it would be tough to see.

I had a tire that was slowly leaking air. Went to the tire shop today and they found a small nail. He also showed me there were 4 other plugs on the tread in different spots around the tire. He asked if i wanted a plug, patch, or get a new tire. Told him to plug it. Now am thinking should’ve of opened my wallet more for a new tire.
anyways, how worried should i be if at all the tire has 5 plugs now in different areas along the tread area (none on sidewall). Still a lot of tread left on the tire.
Any plug is a temporary fix till you can get it done properly, but with 5 it's either a new tire or a membership with the AutoClub!

I laughed when I saw this post because I just had plugs #3 and 4 on my rear driver's side tire.

#1 and 2 have been in the tire for about a year, and 6 months respectively. About 12,000 miles per year.

After these last two plugs, I threw an extra jacket in the car in case I'm changing a tire in 20 degree weather. :LOL:

I laughed when I saw this post because I just had plugs #3 and 4 on my rear driver's side tire.

#1 and 2 have been in the tire for about a year, and 6 months respectively. About 12,000 miles per year.

After these last two plugs, I threw an extra jacket in the car in case I'm changing a tire in 20 degree weather. :LOL:
Haha

And again here we go with the BITOG tire pluggers saying that plugging a tire is an acceptable repair. It's simply not for many reasons they will never understand. Good luck plugging a tire with a bent drywall screw in it with the head worn off. Plug away.

Plugs are only suitable for straight holes. It's in the instructions.

And again here we go with the BITOG nay-sayers saying that a plug is never an acceptable repair. It's simply a correct repair within its limitations which some can never admit or understand. Good luck with every other patching system, because they all have their limitations, too.

And again here we go with the BITOG tire pluggers saying that plugging a tire is an acceptable repair. It's simply not for many reasons they will never understand. Good luck plugging a tire with a bent drywall screw in it with the head worn off. Plug away.
You're saying someone would drill a hole beside the screw still lodged in the tire, and plug the newly drilled area? Because you obviously can't plug a hole with a screw in it. The screw would have to be removed first.

Someone would try and do that, because there is no way you can get many projectiles out of a tire without pulling it off the wheel, which should be done anyway.

I had a tire that was slowly leaking air. Went to the tire shop today and they found a small nail. He also showed me there were 4 other plugs on the tread in different spots around the tire. He asked if i wanted a plug, patch, or get a new tire. Told him to plug it. Now am thinking should’ve of opened my wallet more for a new tire.
anyways, how worried should i be if at all the tire has 5 plugs now in different areas along the tread area (none on sidewall). Still a lot of tread left on the tire.
You sound just like my cousin. He's so tight that he squeaks when he walks. 😁

Back