Tire suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: slowdime
So no opinion on the yokohamas? I like the look of the michelin defenders...
I want to get new wheels while I'm at it... may have to put them on and hope my girlfriend doesn't notice...

What yokohamas they make really bad tires and really good tires.. just like all major tire manufacturers

Originally Posted By: Rand
I want to get new wheels while I'm at it... may have to put them on and hope my girlfriend doesn't notice...

What yokohamas they make really bad tires and really good tires.. just like all major tire manufacturers

The yokohama geolander h/t-s
seen here

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: lugNutz
I have the Firestone Destination LE2'S. Phenominal traction both wet and dry - probably the best i've had yet. Also very quiet, which is a bonus!

How many miles do they have?

Still new... a little over 500 miles. BUT This is the second set of these on the Explorer. The last ones I just replaced had 60k miles on them and still had 5-6/32. Nice even wear on them too. Supposedly they changed them a little bit with the new ones. They made them quieter with better wet/snow traction, but should last just as long. So far so good!

Originally Posted By: Rand

The yokohama geolander h/t-s
seen here

A friend of mine had these and complained the tread wore out too quickly. He said otherwise they were good tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back