Tire shine

So what would you recommend for a tire shine that makes the tires either semi gloss or gloss that is NOT bad for the rubber, as my tires take many years to wear out. Also I want a product that I can buy at Walmart.

I hear grumblings that products containing petroleum can have adverse effects on the rubber, but I've never experienced this. I've used all of the products sold at WalMart at one point or another and my tires have always stayed black with no cracking. My truck sits outside 24/7 and my tires look great BECAUSE OF the dressing they get. I think if I only washed them, they would've suffered UV damage.

I think the sun is a far greater enemy to tires than a tire dressing. I'd pick one that fits your circumstances. If it sits outside, pick one with high UV protection, etc.

One of the keys to getting a good long lasting tire shine is getting the tires really clean and dry. I start by using a degrease (purple power) and useing dishwashing soap and a good brush. After they are clean and dry I use Meguires tire shine gel and let it dry before i move the car.

Back