Tire recommendations for 2018 Chevy Equinox

Hi all,
I'm looking for tire recommendations for our 2018 Chevy Equinox AWD, 225/60/18. We live in New England, so need something that will perform well in all conditions. I was looking at the Michelin Crossclimate II, and when I called Town Fair Tire for a quote, the rep said he had some unhappy customers with those tires due to shaking and vibrating. He recommended the Goodyear Weatherready tires instead. However all the reviews I've seen online say the Crossclimates are a better tire. I'm also open to other suggestions. What are your thoughts?
Thank you.

Might want to call some other shops and ask them for their customer feedback on the CC2's. Look for recent online reviews of the CC2's as well. Hopefully the report you had from your local shop was an isolated incident. Could be something related to their customer's vehicle or the balancing, rather than the tires themselves.
I like the CC2's on our Accord, a smooth and trouble free one year and 20,000 miles on them so far.

Might want to call some other shops and ask them for their customer feedback on the CC2's. Look for recent online reviews of the CC2's as well. Hopefully the report you had from your local shop was an isolated incident. Could be something related to their customer's vehicle or the balancing, rather than the tires themselves.
I like the CC2's on our Accord, a smooth and trouble free one year and 20,000 miles on them so far.
That was my thought as well. That definitely sounded a little odd to me.

Hi all,
I'm looking for tire recommendations for our 2018 Chevy Equinox AWD, 225/60/18. We live in New England, so need something that will perform well in all conditions. I was looking at the Michelin Crossclimate II, and when I called Town Fair Tire for a quote, the rep said he had some unhappy customers with those tires due to shaking and vibrating. He recommended the Goodyear Weatherready tires instead. However all the reviews I've seen online say the Crossclimates are a better tire. I'm also open to other suggestions. What are your thoughts?
Thank you.
He probably had a bunch of Goodyears he needed to sell.... :ROFLMAO:

My WeatherReady's on my Accord when I got it were probably the noisiest tires I ever had. Road trips in spring/summer/fall were lots of background road noise. Even with that I was actually looking forward to trying them last winter to see how they did so I could maybe recommend to others. When I went to install them the sidewalls were separating. GY warranty/prorated them based on date code/tread depth. I got GY Winter Command Ultra as the replacement upgrade for low cost. Combine what I spent on them and then as much trying to get them balanced regular and with roadforce I could have had some other brand. They still vibrate some. Not crazy but not smooth like the Conti snows on 3 other vehicles or the Pirelli on Accord for summer.

I won't say I'll never get GY again but they are way down on my list. Only other experience was GY wranglers on a Jeep that sucked especially in rain but that was years ago.

The CC2's seem to be low or no stock many places which might also be why he is steering to something else. TR show's OOS on that size. Other options might be Toyo Celsius or Toyo Celsius Sport, General 365AW, Falken Wildpeak AT Trail, Bridgestone Weatherpeak and probably some Nokian choices like Outpost APT or WRG$

My WeatherReady's on my Accord when I got it were probably the noisiest tires I ever had. Road trips in spring/summer/fall were lots of background road noise. Even with that I was actually looking forward to trying them last winter to see how they did so I could maybe recommend to others. When I went to install them the sidewalls were separating. GY warranty/prorated them based on date code/tread depth. I got GY Winter Command Ultra as the replacement upgrade for low cost. Combine what I spent on them and then as much trying to get them balanced regular and with roadforce I could have had some other brand. They still vibrate some. Not crazy but not smooth like the Conti snows on 3 other vehicles or the Pirelli on Accord for summer.

I won't say I'll never get GY again but they are way down on my list. Only other experience was GY wranglers on a Jeep that sucked especially in rain but that was years ago.

The CC2's seem to be low or no stock many places which might also be why he is steering to something else. TR show's OOS on that size. Other options might be Toyo Celsius or Toyo Celsius Sport, General 365AW, Falken Wildpeak AT Trail, Bridgestone Weatherpeak and probably some Nokian choices like Outpost APT or WRG$
Thanks for the detailed reply. Everything I read said the CC2 is a better tire than the Weatherready, so I'm guessing he has a lot of GY's to sell or something. The CC2's are actually in stock near me. With that being said, would you choose those or one of the others you listed?

Since driving from the late 60s...I have never had a Goodyear tire that corrected a problem with Michelin tires on the vehicle....BUT have had many times Michelins correcting a problem that a Goodyear or Firestone tire caused.....

Thanks for the detailed reply. Everything I read said the CC2 is a better tire than the Weatherready, so I'm guessing he has a lot of GY's to sell or something. The CC2's are actually in stock near me. With that being said, would you choose those or one of the others you listed?
almost everyone I know in person that has them and on line recommends the CC2. Some say not as good in deep snow. They also of course are not as good as true winter. The only thing for me is that the directional does not allow for cross rotating if any odd wear. The asymmetric ones allow that. All of my winter tires are directional also so I can only do front back on them. My 3 season tires are not directional.

I put the Wildpeak Trails on my father-in-laws Renegade. He is happy with them, they are not noisy but he also wanted that off road look aggressive sidewall (but doesn't go off road)

I always had good experience with many Nokians. I wouldn't hesitate to get any of those I listed based on possible best deals. I might get the CC2 for my son next spring but they will be as 3 season as he has Viking Contact 7 winters.

Either they don't have the CC2 in stock in that size, or they have some old Goodyears they need to sell someone :sneaky:

Another good choice is the Nokian WRG4 or the Nordman Solstice (the old WRG3)

He probably had a bunch of Goodyears he needed to sell.... :ROFLMAO:

This

Has anyone tried the Bridgestone Weatherpeaks? Some reviews I've read say the performance is on par with the CCII, but the Weatherpeaks are quieter, a softer ride, and result in less MPG loss. Not sure if this is true.

Has anyone tried the Bridgestone Weatherpeaks? Some reviews I've read say the performance is on par with the CCII, but the Weatherpeaks are quieter, a softer ride, and result in less MPG loss. Not sure if this is true.
Generally, Bridgestone was always mediocre in the "all" category compared to Michelin, especially Continental.
I highly doubt they suddenly got ahead. Lately, they seem to me behind the curve in RD. DOn't get me wrong, they will sell you a good tire that won't get out of balance and will do its job decently, but I found that their winter tires or all summer tires are better stacked against Michelin and Continental.

Have about 10K miles or so on my 2020 Ascent, Wisconsin, 10% incline hill to get to my house, plus a cabin in the woods, tires are amazing. Quiet, traction, handle good, never had any vibration issue.

Have about 10K miles or so on my 2020 Ascent, Wisconsin, 10% incline hill to get to my house, plus a cabin in the woods, tires are amazing. Quiet, traction, handle good, never had any vibration issue.
Is this with the Weatherpeaks or Crossclimates?

Hi all,
Thank you.
Do you intend to drive during a blizzard? or drive before the plows come out?

Back