Tire recommendation for 96 S-10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for some good tires for all season use.
I've had good luck with firestone destination LE's.
Opinions welcome.

Oh it's 2wd. We get some snow but for serious situations i have a 4 wheel drive to use.

You might take a look at the New Michelin LTX M/S2. The original LTX was a great wearing tire. There are some reviews on some of the online tire stores. They may be a little pricey compared to the others, but they will probably be a better value in the long run. How many miles a year will you drive on this vehicle?

Originally Posted By: oilstudent24
You might take a look at the New Michelin LTX M/S2. The original LTX was a great wearing tire. There are some reviews on some of the online tire stores. They may be a little pricey compared to the others, but they will probably be a better value in the long run. How many miles a year will you drive on this vehicle?

I drive a hundred miles per day, and price isn't an issue.
wear is a secondary factor, performance would be first.

I have run Firestone Destination A/Ts on a 97 S-10 Blazer and a 2001 Sport Trac. Very pleased with their performance in rain, mud and snow. And, they handle decent at 70 75 mph with minimal noise. Michelin LTX M/S are excellent tires but I feel the Firestones are better in the nasty stuff such as mud or snow. The LTXs will more than likely outwear the Firestones

Originally Posted By: Jim_Beverlin
I have run Firestone Destination A/Ts on a 97 S-10 Blazer and a 2001 Sport Trac. Very pleased with their performance in rain, mud and snow. And, they handle decent at 70 75 mph with minimal noise. Michelin LTX M/S are excellent tires but I feel the Firestones are better in the nasty stuff such as mud or snow. The LTXs will more than likely outwear the Firestones

yeah i know the AT's are a little more aggressive than the LE's.
I got talked onto LE's once and they weren't bad, but AT's might be better

These...

Originally Posted By: daves87rs

These...

thanks. I wonder if they are white letter tires.

General Grabber HTS - truck/SUV all season.
Reasonable price & good ratings/reviews.
I mostly used TR, DT, & forums, then made the purchase. CR also had good things to say about them.

You didn't say if it was a 4 or 6cyl or what size you were considering. I'll assume you're going to replace with the OE size and speaking from experience I'd definitely stick with the OE size if its a 4. I had a 94 S10 myself and made the mistake of going from the original 205-75-15 to a 225-70-15 tire which is only slightly taller. Wow, they looked great but sapped what little power that little 2.2 had. I sold those tires and went back to the original size...it was that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back