Tire pressure sensor faulty , still safe to drive ?

I knew the cold weather will make my tire pressure go down , I was gonna add more air to it . Well the tire pressure sensor faulty light came on . I check all tire pressure and add little more air . All good . I try did the reset for the TPS . By press the emergency switch 3 time and heard the horn . Then try to train my left front tires all the way around , when loose air out my left front tires , I don’t heard the horn , that made me think my left front tire pressure sensor battery is dead , tires still good and pressure is fine , can I still drive like this for few week until I get it fix .The light on the dash still on .
Go thru the manual again. Most cars have (2) ways to reset the TPMS in them. An automatic reset thru driving a few miles at highway speeds and then an on the spot - rest / recalibration sequence to follow. I just had to do this to the wife's car yesterday morning. All tires were a bit low.

I knew the cold weather will make my tire pressure go down , I was gonna add more air to it . Well the tire pressure sensor faulty light came on . I check all tire pressure and add little more air . All good . I try did the reset for the TPS . By press the emergency switch 3 time and heard the horn . Then try to train my left front tires all the way around , when loose air out my left front tires , I don’t heard the horn , that made me think my left front tire pressure sensor battery is dead , tires still good and pressure is fine , can I still drive like this for few week until I get it fix .The light on the dash still on .
Those tire sensors are usually made for a 6–12-year 100,000-mile life span. I would not blame a sensor first. Try your vehicle's manual re-set procedure again if driving does not clear it. Some models do not even have a sensor in the tires. Those TPMS systems work in a different way.

Here's your new TPMS :D

1abda1f8-2f67-4638-89eb-b4bc4dac5589_1.c7d6a15ad6f774883cc30881b1041f4d.jpeg

You can get one for $1 or even less
At one point I rummaged around and found that I had 10+ of these. I grabbed an inflated tire and checked all of them against each other. Talk about all over the map! I threw out the worst, but haven't trusted a single on since--and I'm not one to care about 1 or 2 psi.

Nothing . I check tires pressure every 2 week rountin anyway , lately it getting colder and colder , and I check that morning . It was down 2-3 psi all around . I mean to add more air later after work . Then the light came on that day
Did you add too much air? I think they trigger when increased or decreased by a certain value from the baseline they were set at.

My 2014 toyota camry using piece of black electrical tape after installing my winter tires/no TPMS for 7 years now.Just checking tire pressure manually once a month/going around eyeball it regularly.When the set of all season put in after winter it reset after going around.

Back