Tire Care Using 303 and Aero Cosmetics Rubber Care

When I bought my 2006 Chevrolet Express 3500 in 2011 the original Bridgestone V-Steel tires were 5 years old and had cracking. I replaced with the same V-Steels and used 303 Protectant like I had been using for many years on tires with good results. At 5 years on these tires I had no cracking at all on the sun side, so the 303 did the job. There was some minor cracking on the side not facing the sun. I have read that sun is the biggest factor in cracking, but ozone can also cause cracking, so this is what was happening to the non-sun side. So when I replaced the tires, I again have used the 303 treatment, but I also started treating the non-sun side when I rotate the tires. I have 5 years on these tires nowband there is only minimal cracking on either side. So the 303 works well.

I try to apply the 303 monthly but sometimes I go more than that between applications.

303 has gone up a lot in price. So I am now trying Aero Cosmetics Rubber Care (from Amazon). It goes on and looks similar to 303, but time will tell if it works as well.

I use 303 (and now Aero Cosmetics) on my car tires (Yokohama) also and have never had a cracking issue on those tires either.

+1 on 303. I've been using it for years and have had excellent results. It works great on plastics as well.

how often are you all applying it? I stopped using it because it lasts exactly the number of days until a heavy rain in my experience?

I've been using the Aero Cosmetic for years and love it. No shine, just a new rubber look. Seems to work as I haven't had any cracks even on Michelin tires since I started using it. Recommended by Boeing and Airbus for rubber care on their aircraft.
303 never rocked my world. Tried way back when and didn't take to it.

A bitoger and his $30 are departed. Aero Cosmetic arrives via ups tomorrow. It rains enough here aside from summer to make 303 pretty limited in usefulness.

Do either of these products attract dust? I want to do a tire treatment that gives the new look with no shine and protects, but we have to drive on gravel at least once a week, meaning I have not treated tires for years.

Even when I sneak in a treatment knowing we aren’t going to make the gravel trip, we end up doing it and it looks like I have dirty whitewalls afterwards.

Thanks.

Aero cosmetic says you should wipe it down 10 minutes after applying to avoid collecting dust. But, if it sticks to dry paint, it will stick to treated rubber; I see no way around that.

Do either of these products attract dust? I want to do a tire treatment that gives the new look with no shine and protects, but we have to drive on gravel at least once a week, meaning I have not treated tires for years.

Even when I sneak in a treatment knowing we aren’t going to make the gravel trip, we end up doing it and it looks like I have dirty whitewalls afterwards.

Thanks.
Aero Cosmetics Rubber Care has not attracted dust in my tire applications.

I stopped using tire dressings. Used tire foams, bleach white over the years and they promoted tire cracking.
303 does not promote cracking. Only used Rubber Care for a year now so jury still out on that one.

Bleche Wite is very harsh. I use it to clean on occasion but always follow with double treatment of 303.

303 does not promote cracking. Only used Rubber Care for a year now so jury still out on that one.

Bleche Wite is very harsh. I use it to clean on occasion but always follow with double treatment of 303.
Can 303 be used every where? Like dash boards and plastic trim.

I use this product and 3 cans will last me from spring until fall. Each application will last a few months and I suspect it’s because it is silicone based. The Walmart house brand version is the same stuff as the national brand ( Pledge) but at a lower price with more product volume per can. and it has a “lemony smell“ to boot!!

My Jeep gets parked under my boat shed and gets the afternoon sun on the spare 285 KO2 … was treating the tire face with 303 in a bottle - but it missed spots and never got the deep treads …
Spent a bit extra for this - just tried it - great spray head …
Bit expensive - but I’ll only use on that spare …

Back