Tire Advice Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a tire patched at Tires Plus due to a nail.

GoodYear Eagle RS-A 205-55R16, just under 3000 miles.

I picked the tire up, got home and noticed they reversed the tire on the wheel, so now it will be rotating in the opposite direction than it had been.

My owners manual recommends tire rotations side to side only, no "X" pattern, meaning these tires are "directional" (??).

Should I take the tire back and have it "fixed" or is this no big deal?
confused.gif

For nothing else but peace of mind I would. Little stuff like this bothers the heck out of me. I don't believe the RSA's are directional...if it was it would say on the side if the tire with an arrow showing which way the tire rotates.

I'd make them change it to be the way it was when you brought it in...should only take them 5-10 minutes at the most

Goose
patriot.gif

Thanks Goose.

After I wrote the above I went back out to check the treads, and the inside pattern is slightly but noticeably different than the outside-edge on the other 3 tires. The patched tire would have been out of "sync" no matter which side of the car it was on.
frown.gif

Took just 10 min to take it back, and about 7 min for them to make it right. Peace of mind is good to have!
wink.gif

good choice. no, the rsa's are not directional, we have a set on a neon and they get rotated normally. my avid trz's are the same way, they are not directional but they have a little different tread on one side that has to be facing out, says on the tire to mount a certain side outwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back