Tips on removal of old aluminum frame windows with louvered panels

About a decade ago, I took out some small 2 panel windows in a simple aluminum frame and installed 7/16 impact windows

As I recall, it took me 2 hours to remove the first window frame and another 2 to install the new impact window & impact window panels (sideways slide action).
The 2nd window took less than an hour once I figured out how to easily remove the frame and no glass was broken that 2nd time.

Fast forward to today. I now have a large 12 panel/12 flipping louvered windows in an aluminum frame to remove.

A bit intimidated as this is a large opening with a large center aluminum beam.

Couple years ago I got to watch a professional crew up close and they had (can't remember now how..) a way to remove each glass panel first before cutting the aluminum frame and crowbaring it cleanly off all sides. Very little or no prep work to patch concrete or stucco before sliding new impact windows into opening(s)

Would anyone have a video that explains this process better and to refresh my mind before start of demo & replacement ?

This sounds like a jalousie window with glass panes that flip?

Each pane should be set in a metal holder that has clips on the end that either flip up or come off so the individual glass can be removed.

This Youtube video shows all the glass being removed first before trying to remove the frame.

Back