Time to replace belts and tensioner

I'm going Ford / Motorcraft when the Ranger's belt/tensioner/idler comes due (warm weather).

Loved Gates in the past.
The last time I ordered Gates kit from RA for the same car, it came in an odd, non-fitted tray with a peeled back clear plastic wrapper. The tensioner wasn't anything near the original design and there was no tensioner.
This is truly careless parts delivery from a company (RA) who's edges appear to be fraying.

Tascaparts is getting the order as they've come through in the past. This time there's no room for error as I don't want to redo this job and if I sell the truck, the more times I can say, "Motorcraft", the better it'll be.

There's a difference between moving parts and the aftermarket transmission pan from Dorman via Amazon.

I have a Ford Edge, it's time to replace the belts, as they are starting to get glazed over and squeal a little bit when cold, what brand do you recommend? I'm going to have the tensioner done at the same time? Which brand, at one time Gates was a good brand.. Motorcraft, Gates, Dayco or Continental.
I have noticed, Dayco and Gates has a Serpentine belt component kit..
Gates may well make the OE belt but it zero in common with the one you buy at the parts store or online unless its from an actual (car brand not Gates) dealer. Ditto pulleys, idlers and tensioners. That is not to say you cant get a good deal but it takes educated shopping and research and even then it can be a crap shoot.
IMO find the parts from an online Ford dealer.

I have used Continental, Gates and Bando belts with good results. Dealer parts are a good option but probably much more expensive.

I just bought all those parts from my local dealer, no shipping, they dropped them off the next AM and were cheaper than Rock Auto. Always check the dealer first, don't assume the dealer will be more expensive.

I found Motorcraft belts on eBay, obviously I don't know how long they've been sitting in storage for or anything, would any of you all sweat buying them?

It is usually not a good idea to buy that stuff on eBay. They are full of fake/counterfeit parts. If ebay is a must, only buy from a reputable dealer.

Rock Auto is better.

It is usually not a good idea to buy that stuff on eBay. They are full of fake/counterfeit parts. If ebay is a must, only buy from a reputable dealer.

Rock Auto is better.
Thank you for reminding me about that.. I really appreciate that, my mind doesn't function the way it used to I'm really sorry.. I'm on a lot of medication because of my health.. I'm really glad you chimed in .. 😊👍

I run Gates or Dayco and I have never had an issue.

OEM belts are going to be Gates, Dayco, or Continental anyway
I’ve had dayco squeak when brand new. Depends on the design. OEM, gates or continental I’ve never had a problem. Tensioner, definitely OEM or just replace the bearing if you can.

Rock Auto is better.
Keep in mind Rock does a lot of drop shipping which is fine but they also buy a ton of stuff from businesses going or gone under and have no control over the origin of those parts.
B&A used to be okay but now they repackage some real rubbish, they are a real crap shoot too.

I'm going to order everything off of Ford parts Giant. I also need a window motor as well. Is it safe to order, shocks and struts off of RockAuto? What is B&A

Back