Time for new tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
my steering wheel wiggles slightly, the mechanic told me my tires have bumps on it... i don't understand why.. aren't they supposed to absorb bumps on the road

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
Originally Posted By: DAC2018
how would you know if its time for new tires?

Wear bars, change in grip, noise, ride quality, hydroplaning, and uneven/odd wear.

my steering wheel wiggles slightly, the mechanic told me my tires have bumps on it... i don't understand why.. aren't they supposed to absorb bumps on the road

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
how would you know if its time for new tires?

Wear bars, change in grip, noise, ride quality, hydroplaning, and uneven/odd wear.

What you probably have is irregular wear - and that is caused by misalignment, aggravated by insufficient rotation practices.

And tires don't absorb bumps in the road, they reduce the affect they have.

That's how it works. The tires absorb the bumps on the road and they get on the tires. Once your tires are all bumpy then it's time for new ones.

Originally Posted By: kschachn

That's how it works. The tires absorb the bumps on the road and they get on the tires. Once your tires are all bumpy then it's time for new ones.

I can verify to that!
Mazda5, Cooper RS3-A, noise on the back wheels (never rotated), well they really had bumps. The tech kept them to show me while doing all 4 replacement.
They where 2/32 front and 3/32 back. Pretty good with no rotation.

Also, the Bumpiest (YEHAAAA grade) was a 2 miles portion in KY. All 4 corners where happy to jump-around (anybody from the 90's?) like kids at a jumping place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back