Time for belts and a tensioner.

Scott S

I have a 2013 Ford Edge 3.5 belts are starting to get glazed, and a little noisy, so I'm going to have them replaced the serpentine belt, stretch belt and the tensioner. I was thinking about Continental OE technology series, and Motorcraft tensioner. Or the Gates kit for a few dollars more. What are your opinions? Thank you.

Had a brand new Gates belt shred on me recently on the Interstate. It had been in service for about 10 total miles. Had to get the car towed home. Was not a fun experience.

After tgat I ordered and installed a Continental Belt, and I have had no problems after 3 months of use.

Maybe the Gates belt was just a random defect. It appeared fine when I got it, so who knows.

Gates used to the gold standard for belts and hoses. But who knows where any parts are made now, regardless of brand name? For example, several "real" AC Delco electrical parts I've recently bought for my 69 Chevy are made in China -- land of poor, if any, Quality Assurance departments. Sad.

Gates used to the gold standard for belts and hoses. But who knows where any parts are made now, regardless of brand name? For example, several "real" AC Delco electrical parts I've recently bought for my 69 Chevy are made in China -- land of poor, if any, Quality Assurance departments. Sad.

I'm surprised GM makes ACDelco parts for a car that old in any country :unsure:

Back