Time again for new tires. General altimax rt43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update after driving from Albany to NE Ohio in some rain:

These tires are smooooooth riding. I'm extremely impressed, they are way smoother than the primacy MXV4s. Impressive.

The wet performance so far is also great, but they are also brand new, so hard to say more.

They do have some tramlining characteristics the primacys didn't. It's not the worst I've ever seen, but they do have some that the MXV4s did not.

My Regal's Michelin Pilots are at about 4/32". Our winter will be over next week (I'm not kidding), and we don't get as much rain here as we used to, but still it might be time to look at the Generals. Everything I hear about their being smooth riding and quiet is a big plus for me.

I have previous generation General Altimax RT tires on my car which are T speed rated. I have 45k miles on them and they have about 5/32 on them and they're still great in the rain. I'm assuming I should get another 10k miles out of them without issues. 55k on a set of budget minded tires is pretty good to me. I've also been impressed with their performance as they've worn.

I've read that the tread life was improved with the RT43s versus the original RT and based on reviews you can't go wrong with them.

The General RT43's on my girlfriends Honda Fit have been great in the snow and rain this winter. Had them installed this past fall. Smooth and quiet ride. Looking to see what type of mileage she will get out of them. She tends to burn through tires.

Nuff said,

xtell

I put some 195/65-15 on my 'beater' '05 Elantra. They are M+S t rated and made in Romania! One of the better-best tires I've bought in 50 years. Hope I can find the same next time, but experience says that I will likely find them 'different'=some value engineering may happen.

Those generals were some that I considered. They seem to be a [censored] of a tire.
I just bought tires yesterday and got the Michelin premier As
instead. I penciled out the cost and it was about 480 for the generals
and the Michelins were 505 installed out the door at Costco. TOMORROW 2/29/16
they would be 70 dollars more. If I had to pay 575 for the Michelins I would have likely bought the generals instead. But for the money I am happy with the tires, they seem to rate well and I have been happy with service at Costco.

size 205-55-16 in Portland Oregon

Originally Posted By: GaleHawkins
The General Altimax RT43 are highly rated right now.

I selected the mastercraft avenger touring lsr p215/60r17 from my research over the weekend for an all season tire. In hindsight I should not have picked up another set of rims so I could keep the snow tires mounted because the LSR reviews indicates they do well in snow.

Well at least I have them for full size spares.
smile.gif

I got the Mastercraft Avenger LSR's put on the car a couple days ago and they are quiet and ride so smooth. In heavy rain they never slipped even when I took off fast. I do not expect they will last the 80K miles that they are rated but we will see over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back