Thread for photos that 100% do not violate any Terms Of Service, not political, not too lewd, no gas price pics etc.

Haircut to get if you think people are following you around ...

1712526781933.jpeg

Blast from the past. I do not miss the software that these things ran. Nope.
I do, lol. Well, mostly I miss the physical keyboard, I was super fast and accurate on them, which I can't match with android or iPhone. I don't recall off-hand how long the QNX-era at RIM was after they bought it? Their final efforts were android-based.

I do, lol. Well, mostly I miss the physical keyboard, I was super fast and accurate on them, which I can't match with android or iPhone. I don't recall off-hand how long the QNX-era at RIM was after they bought it? Their final efforts were android-based.
It wasn't long between QNX and Android. I don't think RIM stuck with it very long at all.

It wasn't long between QNX and Android. I don't think RIM stuck with it very long at all.
Yeah, that's what I vaguely remember, I've got both here and I think they were a single generation apart. I had already pivoted to iPhone at that point but guys at work were die-hards (loved that physical keyboard) and so we were right there to the end.

And blackberry was a Canadian company. I had one as did my mom.
Yep, RIM (Research In Motion) was based out of Waterloo IIRC, and was a casualty of not reading and responding to the market; not pivoting in time. This is not unlike Nortel and Corel, two other Canadian companies that were at one point, giants in the IT space.

Yep, RIM (Research In Motion) was based out of Waterloo IIRC, and was a casualty of not reading and responding to the market; not pivoting in time. This is not unlike Nortel and Corel, two other Canadian companies that were at one point, giants in the IT space.

Yeah, now I feel old

The way I like to put it is that blackberry was killed by the market they created. When the iPhone came out and everybody saw that you can put applications on a phone, blackberry looked the other way and thought nobody would want it. And within 10 or 15 years they went from a 98% market share to like five.

The way I like to put it is that blackberry was killed by the market they created. When the iPhone came out and everybody saw that you can put applications on a phone, blackberry looked the other way and thought nobody would want it. And within 10 or 15 years they went from a 98% market share to like five.
Yep, they completely misread the market's response to a smartphone being an entertainment platform and gaming console and it destroyed them.

Yep, they completely misread the market's response to a smartphone being an entertainment platform and gaming console and it destroyed them.
I worked at a cell phone provider as a service technician in the late 2000s and early 2010s. I think the first blackberry device I can remember servicing was the curve and the Pearl back in the 8000 series days. I hated working with the software on the computer for those phones it was a complete pain in the butt.

I worked at a cell phone provider as a service technician in the late 2000s and early 2010s. I think the first blackberry device I can remember servicing was the curve and the Pearl back in the 8000 series days. I hated working with the software on the computer for those phones it was a complete pain in the butt.
We were an early adopter of Blackberry at our office, pivoting from pagers as soon as the option presented. I have pretty much every one of their devices here somewhere, going right back to the 950:
Screen Shot 2024-04-07 at 8.39.29 PM.jpg

I had to do a little rearranging in my garage today. We want to park the Mazda in the garage and save the expense of putting in a parking pad since we have 4 cars to park. Now my Mother-in-laws car and the Mazda fit in there with room to spare, which is nice, the Mazda’s wide, she’s got some big hips. 😀
The bikes and other recreational things just got moved to the shed.
We have a long driveway, so my son parks about 12’ from the end of it and I parallel park behind him, which gives my wife plenty of room to get in and out.

IMG_1433.jpeg
IMG_1434.jpeg
IMG_1435.jpeg
IMG_1438.jpeg
IMG_1439.jpeg

We were an early adopter of Blackberry at our office, pivoting from pagers as soon as the option presented. I have pretty much every one of their devices here somewhere, going right back to the 950:
View attachment 212945
Wow. That's quite a museum of phone history you've got.
I had to do a little rearranging in my garage today. We want to park the Mazda in the garage and save the expense of putting in a parking pad since we have 4 cars to park. Now my Mother-in-laws car and the Mazda fit in there with room to spare, which is nice, the Mazda’s wide, she’s got some big hips. 😀
The bikes and other recreational things just got moved to the shed.
We have a long driveway, so my son parks about 12’ from the end of it and I parallel park behind him, which gives my wife plenty of room to get in and out.

View attachment 212940View attachment 212941View attachment 212942View attachment 212943View attachment 212944
Hello fellow CX-50 owner!

Back