Thread for photos that 100% do not violate any Terms Of Service, not political, not too lewd, no gas price pics etc.

Pretty hot out here
Hold my Beer
Screenshot_20220622-195644_Messages.jpg

Several people here appear to enjoy bird pictures. I have humming birds in my backyard. They can fly up to 60 mph. That's 380 body lengths per second. A 6-foot person would have to move 760 yards per second or a bit over 1,500mph to match a hummingbird's scale speed.

Last edited:
Several people here appear to enjoy bird pictures. I have humming birds in my backyard. They can fly up to 60 mph. That's 380 body lengths per second. A 6-foot person would have to move 760 yards per second or a bit over 1,500mph to match a hummingbird's scale speed.

There have been many hummers in sweetie's garden, and we loved to sit and watch them. One afternoon I was watering a part of the garden using a hose. A hummer came by and started drinking from the output, hovering just inches from me until satisfied.

Often when sitting out near the garden I'd intentionally wear a red cap or shirt, and that would attract the birds as well. Several times one of the hummers would approach me, hover around within inches from me, and then zip off when it was determined that I wasn't a flower.

Here are a couple of baby hummers in their nest:

Cropped Hummingbirds.jpg

Hummingbird Babies 03-15-2012.jpg

Last edited:
My neighbor got very sick last year and he hasn't been driving his 2006 Acura TSX in over a year. He mentioned to me he was ready to get back on the road. The battery was of course dead. I got him a new AGM battery and put it in for him. It's a very small battery, so small it has no carrying strap or handle. I was walking around holding it with one hand. I took the old battery back to O'Reilley's and it was still under warranty and my neighbor came out $40 ahead in the end. The car needs a good scrubbing.

Does that oil cap say 5W30?

I’m still kinda jacked that this happened to such a great guy. He literally would do anything for anyone. He didn’t care. He volunteered at food bank near me; would help folks try on clothes, coats etc. always donated at least $200 at Christmas to “help cloth the needy”.

As burgess Meredith said “life’s too short kid!”

Slat People
We went to a local fair put on in a nearby schoolyard. Lots of kids playing and getting creative. Here they gave some wooden boards a bit of personality ...
1656039887828.png

Temperatures hit upper 70s in the early afternoon along the coast. I needed a cold fix. Gelato and raspberry mousse cake.

I proceeded to the Methusela tree along Skyline Blvd. Not to be confused with the similarly named bristlecone pine called Methuselah in the Great Basin which is probably the oldest living tree on the planet. Methusela is coastal redwood and just about a spry 1,900 years old.

Miss Moneypenny may be spotted in the background,

shell gas station near home

I then took the Old La Honda Road, a narrow winding mountain road until I hit the new La Honda Road.

On La Honda Road I passed an old barn.

My next stop was nearby Pigeon Point Lighthouse.

There I saw this VW Type 3 outside the lighthouse hostel.

I had an early dinner at a Yucatan-style Mexican restaurant. I had Mayan poc chuc. That's very tasty pork marinated in lime.

Love those roads.
Temperatures hit upper 70s in the early afternoon along the coast. I needed a cold fix. Gelato and raspberry mousse cake.

I proceeded to the Methusela tree along Skyline Blvd. Not to be confused with the similarly named bristlecone pine called Methuselah in the Great Basin which is probably the oldest living tree on the planet. Methusela is coastal redwood and just about a spry 1,900 years old.

Miss Moneypenny may be spotted in the background,

shell gas station near home

I then took the Old La Honda Road, a narrow winding mountain road until I hit the new La Honda Road.

On La Honda Road I passed an old barn.

My next stop was nearby Pigeon Point Lighthouse.

There I saw this VW Type 3 outside the lighthouse hostel.

I had an early dinner at a Yucatan-style Mexican restaurant. I had Mayan poc chuc. That's very tasty pork marinated in lime.

Many memories on those roads.

Back