Thread for photos that 100% do not violate any Terms Of Service, not political, not too lewd, no gas price pics etc.

Just spotted this young bird in my yard and it's alive but wont fly away. I walked up to it and got a pic. I think it's a robin but am not sure.

DSC_0015.JPG

Just spotted this young bird in my yard and it's alive but wont fly away. I walked up to it and got a pic. I think it's a robin but am not sure.

View attachment 220984
I read that fledglings can take up to a week to get competent at flying. Try make sure your pets are not able to get at the little fellow. I also read that the parent birds may move on to get another brood going and the fledgling will hang around other adult Robins to get the hang of hunting worms.

Won’t see him/her in Virginia,I really like this state.

i ran into morel mushroom hunters in the kettle moraine and they were beautiful but I haven’t seen one in the wild yet.
I often run into mushroom-hunting girls in short shorts in the thickest of underbrushes. I warn them about ticks and on occasion one will ask me to check her legs for ticks. Who am I to say no? I also carry a bottle of sunscreen for emergencies. Don't want the pasties to get crispy!
Can't unsee that. Likely a cousin of my nemesis, the mustachioed and stubble-chinned HR demon at work. She needs to be checked for brain worms but not by me.

Back