Thoughts on Purolator Boss filters

I see a lot of recent post about the Fram Ultra but was curious about the Purolator Boss I’m currently using an Ultra but wonder how the boss would compare to the Ultra

I see a lot of recent post about the Fram Ultra but was curious about the Purolator Boss I’m currently using an Ultra but wonder how the boss would compare to the Ultra
Comparison test data.

Back in July 2021 I spent several evenings watching YouTube videos on the best oil filters I'm also a retired mechanic from what I seen in the videos I watched and it was a lot it's one of the best you can buy and it's what I use

If i took a clean sheet of paper and wrote exactly what i want in a filter from Synthetic media to can thicknesses and non of the filters had and brand's or markings on them the Boss fits the bill. I honestly don't think there is a better quality filter out there at this time. There are short video's out there about 2 minutes each explaining how the Boss filter came about .

If i took a clean sheet of paper and wrote exactly what i want in a filter from Synthetic media to can thicknesses and non of the filters had and brand's or markings on them the Boss fits the bill. I honestly don't think there is a better quality filter out there at this time. There are short video's out there about 2 minutes each explaining how the Boss filter came about .
What about filtering efficiency? Those things you mention are important as well but if a well-built filter doesn’t filter very well how would that make it the best quality?

If you could watch the video's.sounds like you have a better filter in mind if so thats cool notice i didn't ask what it was because im not here to get into a pissing contest over filters i will say that the Boss filter media and its efficiency is kinda a given and Puralator makes a lot of other's filters including several o.e. fitments so im convinced at this time its the best for the money.outside that id pick the Royal Purple

If you could watch the video's.sounds like you have a better filter in mind if so thats cool notice i didn't ask what it was because im not here to get into a pissing contest over filters i will say that the Boss filter media and its efficiency is kinda a given and Puralator makes a lot of other's filters including several o.e. fitments so im convinced at this time its the best for the money.outside that id pick the Royal Purple
Oh me neither. No I really don’t have another one in mind. You just mentioned that you thought there wasn’t anything out there that was better and I wondered why.

Although I’m not quite sure what it means when you say the efficiency is “a given”, as in that it’s not the best but you’ll take it anyway because of the other things the filter offers?

Many Chinese filters fit in that realm. They are very solid and bulletproof but like WIX the filtration numbers put them in the rock catcher category. But me no likey much from China these days.

Never had a problem with Purolator filters. That being said, the best filter is a new one that meets your vehicles' specs and changed often.
Hmm. This implies all filters meeting a vehicle's specs are exactly the same.

They claim 99% - is the issue 30 micron or what ?

They claim 99% @ 25 microns. Asterisk @ bottom of page.

New packaging has it as a 20,000 mile filter. Old packaging claimed 15,000 miles. Has there been a change in the product I wonder? I have one from the old packaging on my 95' Cobra. It is a stoutly built filter. After a second OCI on it i plan on sending it to Stude.

Back