Those with 150,000 miles or more, check in

Ethanol free. That’s what I would be buying. Way better mpg, and better for the engine
I would have liked to but after my last set of fuel injectors went bad at about 302,000 miles and as much fuel as we go through I don't really mess with it anymore. I still top off with non ethanol after filling ope.

Update on my 2017.5 Jeep Compass Trailhawk. 2.4 engine.
204,000 miles as of yesterday. This pic from a couple weeks back.
Pennzoil Platinum or Quaker State fully synthetic since new.
Does not leak or use any oil. Just going to keep on driving it.
Compass200000.jpg

5.3 LS and 7.4 Vortec Napa or Valvoline oil, predominately, AC Delco filters.

Recently acquired an 02 Silverado with 261k km so about 162k miles on it. Unforunately not treated nicely by the previous owners. Fuel filter was taken out and replaced with a rubber line, gas tank was full of contaminants and completely clogged the fuel rail and injectors. Been a bit of a project to trace the issues and get it running nice but the engine and trans itself are still in great shape! doesn't burn or leak any oil.

Going to start it on a steady diet of 0w30 euro oil and Fram ultra filters. Already replaced the exhaust with a nice flowmaster super 44 cat back system done up by my local shop. All fluids changed and the truck will live a much better life going forward.

After 20 years I can add another car to this thread that I started! My 2016 Civic crossed over the 241,140km point today, 150,000 miles. It has been a great car so far! I bought it in March 2021 with 80,000 miles on it and the only repair so far has been the AC condenser, which was covered for free by Honda as they have a ten year/unlimited mileage extended warranty on it because it's so failure prone. This car continues to impress me with it's MPG! Since my last oil change 1000 miles ago my average is 50.0 MPG! The car is still on the original battery too!

Just replaced the rear valve cover gasket and plugs on our 2004 Toyota Sienna. Some of the valve cover bolts were finger tight. The back cover/plugs are a bear and took plenty of time and adult language to complete. Also cleaned throttle body and MAF while I was in there. ~187K miles.

Just replaced the rear valve cover gasket and plugs on our 2004 Toyota Sienna. Some of the valve cover bolts were finger tight. The back cover/plugs are a bear and took plenty of time and adult language to complete. Also cleaned throttle body and MAF while I was in there. ~187K miles.

I think it's really cool to think that when I started this thread 20 years ago, your Toyota was brand spanking new, and now here you are posting it in here with 187k on it. :)

2010 Lincoln Navigator, 161K, original timing components but needs them changed. The replacements are in a box in the garage. I'm just lazy. For the 30K I have owned it, I have run Havoline/Chevron ProDS 10w30 and changed every 5K or 6 months. The OCIs from the carfax that I saw before buying this vehicle were not that great, 7-9K mi at quicky lubes, but at least it got changed some. I'm wondering if full syn 10w30 at 5K intervals would have prolonged the life of the factory components. There's a guy on here with a 5.4 3V Expedition running Amsoil who has over 300K on his with the original components.

Hit a stray tire debris today that was kicked up by the car in front of me, unfortunately my lower radiator grille got dislodge slightly...

2010 Lincoln Navigator, 161K, original timing components but needs them changed. The replacements are in a box in the garage. I'm just lazy. For the 30K I have owned it, I have run Havoline/Chevron ProDS 10w30 and changed every 5K or 6 months. The OCIs from the carfax that I saw before buying this vehicle were not that great, 7-9K mi at quicky lubes, but at least it got changed some. I'm wondering if full syn 10w30 at 5K intervals would have prolonged the life of the factory components. There's a guy on here with a 5.4 3V Expedition running Amsoil who has over 300K on his with the original components.
Think he also runs a dual remote bypass setup & replaces a gallon of oil every filter change.

Those phasers are sensitive to quality oil though.

276,000 miles 2003 Honda Accord V6, Pennzoil Ultra 0W20 (before Ultra Pennzoil Platinum 0W20) , Fram Ultra synthetic filters, 7500 mile changes, no oil consumption between changes!! Trans fluid every 30,000 miles (drain and fill) all CV joints and wheel bearing original. Great car

276,000 miles 2003 Honda Accord V6, Pennzoil Ultra 0W20 (before Ultra Pennzoil Platinum 0W20) , Fram Ultra synthetic filters, 7500 mile changes, no oil consumption between changes!! Trans fluid every 30,000 miles (drain and fill) all CV joints and wheel bearing original. Great car
Agreed. Great cars. I have a 2006 Accord with the K24 that crossed 272,000 miles yesterday. Still gets 33-34mpg on the highway running 75-80mph. OCI’s per the OLM with any name brand Xw-20 syn, and 2x OCI for the filters (was M1 or OG Ultra. But now using FE) almost the entire life of the car.

Can’t seem to let mine go.

My daughter's 2013 Ford Edge just turned over 150k miles this month. It has seen all kinds of oil/filter combos over the years. Has Mobil 1 EP 0w20/Wix XP oil filter currently. Will likely stay with this combo for as long as she has it.

Wife's 2014 CRV has ~156k on it. Most oil changes were done at the dealer around 5k with what they listed as M1. We did miss one change and that put us over 5k but probably not more than 7k. Usually the MM was at 50%. After 100k warranty, I used amsoil SS twice, HPL once and now using Kirkland and going by the MM. I changed it at 5% this past time which was ~7k. One time I did it and the MM went into the negative maybe 2000ish miles but that was with the SS. I haven't noticed any issues not have I taken anything apart. I have been using Fram Ultra filters but I may have used Amsoil a few times.

I have 6 jugs or Kirkland left. I want to get the life out of the new CC2s I installed October '22 and use all the oil then I'll be happy. DOn't want a new car payment anytime soon!

Back