This item appears to be much better than claying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Benzadmiral
I've ordered the Chemical Guys clay bar alternative and lube bottle kit, and will report on it when I use it on the car next month.

Thanks to various health-related delays, I hadn't used the Chemical Guys clay block since I got it. Yesterday, after washing the new (to me) BMW, I went to work. The block allows me to cover a great deal more surface with less effort and time, and seems to produce just as smooth a surface as the traditional blue clay does. While working the hood I could hear the soft sound as the clay picked up contaminants. I did the trunk and hood, nose of the car, and tops of the front fenders, then applied Mothers Glaze and then Meguiar's Yellow Wax. A beautiful gloss resulted, though it's harder to see on gold paint than on a dark color. I'll finish the doors, fenders, and roof in the next week.

The block seems to be a winner. (And it, or the lube, smells something like birthday cake to me, so there's an extra point in its favor.)

I use Griot's Garage Synthetic Clay. All of these products are good.

Screenshot_20190320-191518_Gallery.jpg

Chemical guys products are by far the best in the market today hands down !!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Last edited:
Originally Posted by kstanf150
Chemical guys products are by far the best in the market today hands down !!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Meh.

They have a few standouts.

Originally Posted by kstanf150

They don't even make half their stuff. Their marketing scheme is convoluted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back