This guy made two mistakes; selling Harley Davidson

The Nightster runs $13,500 + freight + set up + ttl = $383 a month for 48 months @ 6.9% apr. recreational loans are always higher then standard car loans.

The Nightster runs $13,500 + freight + set up + ttl = $383 a month for 48 months @ 6.9% apr. recreational loans are always higher then standard car loans.
$383 for 24 months = about $9,200. Figure $4K down in cash or trade and it's about right for a 2 year loan. Don't they have 0% or really low 1.9% financing?

Guilty as charged.

I sold a 12 month old Z900 in 1977 in order to get married. When you are setting up home for the first time a large and expensive bike is an unreasonable extravagance so it had to go. It was a pity because it would be worth a fortune now. I wonder if the line "it's an investment" would have worked. To be fair there was no objection to me buying a new 400cc bike 2 years later and I still have a bike now after 46 years of marriage.

Well - knew a guy who had no business with a HD … and after he got out of the hospital she made him sell …

Seems like a lot to assume about a person from a for sale ad.
I would normally agree, but sometimes the story is self evident with very little information provided. My wife and I regularly try to "develop" the story from such minor clues. It's incredible how often we are spot on.

Ah, yes ...
This thread is the epitome of the specter of BITOG speculation; when you need to fill space in your day.
I'll just say it out loud... this thread is about as worthless as it comes. I can't believe people post this stuff. Mind blown & not in a good way!

Back