Thinking of getting a kei truck...

If it’s over 25 years old the state has no say in legality

Any vehicle can be imported plates and insured once it hits 25 years old PERIOD.

You need to validate it was imported after hitting 25 years of age though since that’s a thing for some reason

Maine hosed a bunch of owners who legally registered Mitsubishi Delicas. I've seen a few in Arizona. Maine decided all of the sudden they weren't legal and they aren't kei vehicle size.

Maine hosed a bunch of owners who legally registered Mitsubishi Delicas. I've seen a few in Arizona. Maine decided all of the sudden they weren't legal and they aren't kei vehicle size.
Main has gone one further to require emissions and crash on antiques

Making one of the first blacked out states

Not a Kei, but saw this RHD Mitsubishi van someone imported from Japan.

JcZOUYZ.jpg

What’s sort of pathetic is it’s actually a lot easier and cheaper to import an illegal VW LUPO from Japan than it is to import a street legal LUPO from Europe even though I’m technically closer to the one in Europe

I'd probably feel more confident of the Honda but maybe they are equally good. If it has a GOOD A/C system I could see one for my around home vehicle. All "around town" driving at or below 45mph. The dump model would make it easy to unload groceries after a trip to the store. :)

There’s a honda ACTY where I work. The owner let me go over it. Amazingly efficient use of space. Really cool ride, from an era where Honda was reaching its quality prime. He won’t go over 55 in it, as it’s so narrow. He daily drives it. It’s a really neat vehicle.

He won’t go over 55 in it, as it’s so narrow
Narrow with a relatively short wheelbase, and uneven weight distribution
No they aren't very good on the highway

But they are so much fun to drive

Lil Lifter
1690077345927.jpg

Or Lil Dumpy
1690077417392.jpg

Or even Snow Mobile Kei truck
1690077530302.jpg

Camper/Combi Kei van is also available
1690077604985.jpg