Thickest/largest HTHS 0W20?

True indeed ^^^^^^^^^^

Going all in so to speak.

RL or Amsoil is a very good choice in my opinion. Just that you are pushing all the chips in the table. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion either.

hello, 2 questions.

Looking to find the thickest (at operating temp) as in the viscosity at 100 celcius or the largest HTHS oil thats a synthetic 0W20 for warranty purposes

I think redline will probably win this but I am talking about the more easy to find brands as in
Mobil 1, pennzoil, castrol, valvoline, quaker state, etc etc

Right now i feel like m1 is prob the thickest what do yall think? cant seem to find HTHS values tho
thanks!
If you’re worried about warranty then you won’t be using Redline.

In that case the thickest 20-grade is a 30-grade.

I might try Warren oils (ie Super Tech, Meijer, Kirkland/Costco) but I am worried about their recent corporate activity and the potential for product degredation.
What corporate activity worries you?

What corporate activity worries you?

Thanks for the info ... I understand your concerns.

I've been running M1 0/20 in the wife’s '19 Corolla for a couple of OCs. I have some Valoline 0/20 stashed from a sale a few weeks ago. Still a few weeks away from needing that.

But when I'm done with the Valvoline....I'm switching to M1 5/20. It seems like a decent oil from info gathered around here. And as mentioned, it's a 9 @ 100°C.

Just buy the one with the prettiest bottle it probably won't be enough difference in the oil to matter. Over the years I've bought and used various brands from major manufacturers to store branded oil and can't say I see a big difference in any of it if it's the same weight. I've currently got about 7-8 different brands of oil in my garage that I've bought when they were on sale. One car is using Exxon, one is using Shell, and other is using Citgo. I'll use these brands in that specific car until I run out then I'll change it to something else. For years after I started driving all I used was Havoline, I guess mostly because that's what my dad used, then it got so I could buy other brands on sale a lot cheaper so when there were sales on it I'd buy several cases regardless of brand. In my case I may have enough of a brand on hand to run in 1 car for 75-100K miles before I switch to another brand and run it for another 75-100K miles.

A thick 0w20 is a 5w30.
I was looking for a thick 5w30 and ended up with 0w40.
No dealership in history of mankind sent an engine oil analysis for warranty work.
If you're after thick oils do anything but avoid Pennzoil. Because they suck viscosity wise.

Back