They Got Me....Police Stop

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
This morning I was on my way to town. Got 1/2 mile from my house
and I saw a police car turn around and I know what that means..lol

He followed me for over 4 miles.
I came to a 4 way intersection and at this point I decided to force the issue.
I made a right turn to go into PA. And yes he followed me near the line and lit me up.

He gets out of the car and walks up to my car and I see him caress the crease of the body panels and comes up to my door.

He says, wow this is a awesome car.
He tells me I am being videoed and all the good stuff. Asks me if it is my car...yes sir it is...seems shocked a bit..no idea why.

He tells me that he thought I had a cover plate on my tag but as he walked up he noted he was mistaken. I tell him okay and he does not ask me for any paper work.

He asked me of I was nervous and I said not now since you are not giving me a ticket...lol
He tells me he gets super nervous when he gets stopped and I ask him..you get stopped? He says yeah all the time.. I say really and he puts his head down and says yeah...lol

He was under 30 years old and a nice chap..i think he stopped me to look at my car???

On to the next...

In the early 1970's I got pulled over for doing 65 in a 35 zone, in my hotrod '66 GTO. I may have been accelerating when the Christmas tree lit up...
The officer read me the riot act and then calmly walked back to his cruiser without giving me a ticket.

He taught me a strong lesson that day.

Tried to make a break for it Dukes of Hazard style ha.

I understand cops are supposed to touch the car they pull over, palm print or so, as proof they were present in case something goes wrong (guy takes off) and the car is dusted for prints later. But sounds like here the guy wanted to check out your car lol.

The nervousness question, police will comment that you admitted to being nervous, or they saw your jugular vein beating quickly, or you are sweating, to help in their case if needed. I appreciate police work but anything you say can be used against you. Questions like "where are you heading to?" annoy me because what does it matter? I guess they are trying to feel you out, find something suspicious?

I've heard the best answer to "do you know how fast you were going, etc" is "I believe I was going the speed limit officer". Always some verbal judo going on. Anyway, glad it turned out great, you wouldn't happen to have long blond hair?

"Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side when he sees the big red light behind him ... and then he will start apologizing, begging for mercy.

This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. The thing to do – when you're running along about 100 or so and you suddenly find a red-flashing CHP-tracker on your tail – what you want to do then is accelerate. Never pull over with the first siren-howl. Mash it down and make the bastard chase you at speeds up to 120 all the way to the next exit. He will follow. But he won't know what to make of your blinker-signal that says you're about to turn right.

This is to let him know you're looking for a proper place to pull off and talk ... keep signaling and hope for an off-ramp, one of those uphill side-loops with a sign saying "Max Speed 25" ... and the trick, at this point, is to suddenly leave the freeway and take him into the chute at no less than 100 miles an hour.

He will lock his brakes about the same time you lock yours, but it will take him a moment to realize that he's about to make a 180-degree turn at this speed ... but you will be ready for it, braced for the Gs and the fast heel-toe work, and with any luck at all you will have come to a complete stop off the road at the top of the turn and be standing beside your automobile by the time he catches up.

He will not be reasonable at first ... but no matter. Let him calm down. He will want the first word. Let him have it. His brain will be in a turmoil: he may begin jabbering, or even pull his gun. Let him unwind; keep smiling. The idea is to show him that you were always in total control of yourself and your vehicle – while he lost control of everything."

"Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side when he sees the big red light behind him ... and then he will start apologizing, begging for mercy.

This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. The thing to do – when you're running along about 100 or so and you suddenly find a red-flashing CHP-tracker on your tail – what you want to do then is accelerate. Never pull over with the first siren-howl. Mash it down and make the bastard chase you at speeds up to 120 all the way to the next exit. He will follow. But he won't know what to make of your blinker-signal that says you're about to turn right.

This is to let him know you're looking for a proper place to pull off and talk ... keep signaling and hope for an off-ramp, one of those uphill side-loops with a sign saying "Max Speed 25" ... and the trick, at this point, is to suddenly leave the freeway and take him into the chute at no less than 100 miles an hour.

He will lock his brakes about the same time you lock yours, but it will take him a moment to realize that he's about to make a 180-degree turn at this speed ... but you will be ready for it, braced for the Gs and the fast heel-toe work, and with any luck at all you will have come to a complete stop off the road at the top of the turn and be standing beside your automobile by the time he catches up.

He will not be reasonable at first ... but no matter. Let him calm down. He will want the first word. Let him have it. His brain will be in a turmoil: he may begin jabbering, or even pull his gun. Let him unwind; keep smiling. The idea is to show him that you were always in total control of yourself and your vehicle – while he lost control of everything."
Try it and let me know how that works out...

That advice gets you a set of brackets, and a ride in a real cop car.

This is a worse idea than a "Jump To Conclusions" mat.....

Had a similar instance many years ago when I first bought my Triple Black 03 Mustang Cobra "Terminator" I had just put full 3" stainless exhaust on it and 2 chamber flowmaster mufflers, leading into 4" tips out the back, needless to say that thing was LOUD but had that unmistakable growl the supercharged 4.6 was known for. Was headed to work one evening, traveling just above the posted 55mph speed limit and seen a WV State trooper coming the opposite direction, flip his lights and did a U turn... I knew he was coming so I pulled over and waited. Walked up to me and said "beautiful car, what year?" "love the way it sounds, be careful out there" and sent me on my way!

Had a similar instance many years ago when I first bought my Triple Black 03 Mustang Cobra "Terminator" I had just put full 3" stainless exhaust on it and 2 chamber flowmaster mufflers, leading into 4" tips out the back, needless to say that thing was LOUD but had that unmistakable growl the supercharged 4.6 was known for. Was headed to work one evening, traveling just above the posted 55mph speed limit and seen a WV State trooper coming the opposite direction, flip his lights and did a U turn... I knew he was coming so I pulled over and waited. Walked up to me and said "beautiful car, what year?" "love the way it sounds, be careful out there" and sent me on my way!
That doesn't bother me..lol...
Kool...
I was doing 57mph in a 50 zone but he never mentioned that...

This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart.
The thing to do – when you're running along about 100 or so and you suddenly find a red-flashing CHP-tracker on your tail – what you want to do then is accelerate. Never pull over with the first siren-howl. Mash it down and make the bastard chase you at speeds up to 120 all the way to the next exit. He will follow. But he won't know what to make of your blinker-signal that says you're about to turn right.

You had me until the non bolded parts, that much we agree on. I've meet some truly subhuman power craving cops that love fear as it gives them an erection and they hate it when you don't give them the pleasure to fear them. But good luck doing that unless you're a lawyer that can scrape the definitions of the state and area specific laws and know what both you and they can and cannot do. It could be possible to do that without legal recourse in X state but that's up there with lottery winning chances.

After all this you can tell the story to your cell mate Big Bubba. 👨‍❤️‍👨

In my opinion this is terrible advice. The last thing anyone needs is a high speed chase. You'll be lucky if you don't end up in jail.

Back