Thermal Imagers

Looking for a thermal imager to use in automotive and home HVAC applications. Not a tool that I truly need, but well, I think it has potential for the future.

I am considering the FLIR TG275 and Seek Thermal's ShotPRO. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: JC1
I would have thought those prices would come to earth somewhat.
still $1000 for 160x120 res. on the flir tg275

the shotpro has 4x the res and is cheaper.
from

I've only used FLIR products at work. Have previously had the TG275's and they are ok for simple stuff, likewise for the C3 and C5 cameras - similar crappy resolution but their advantage lies in you can throw one easily in your pocket (which is handy for me as I normally carry lots of other things on me when I'm out in the process plant). But for general stuff now I'd prefer to use an E6, which is physically bigger and I throw a carry pouch onto my belt to carry it around. But its got a better resolution and will work for most things and has a good wide field of view. If I need better then I have access to a T460 which has much better resolution (still only 320x240) and a far superior image clarity.
I like the functionality of flir, the PC software for image processing is good, but can be buggy and slow at times (kinda like the firmware on the cameras to be honest).

Anyone use the smart phone attached Thermo cameras?
The IPhone FLIR is good. Since someone mistakenly took the labels off the zones on my radiant floor the FLIR was the best way to ID the location of the PEX under the concrete.

1660403758751.jpeg

Keep in mind that Home Depot, at least in my area, rents thermal cameras. It immediately showed spots in my house where there was no insulation.

Reactions: JC1
I just have the cheap one from Innova but it's not very good. It seems that for a good one, you are going to have to pay.

C200 infiray from AliExpress

Huge manufacturers in this technology overseas

Works great on vehicles too found a few electrical draws with it. Bearings, list goes on. Some good videos of training to watch on them as well if you want me to link or DM them to you

Here’s a quick pic of me turning the heated seat on in a ram2D876930-9FCE-4024-8103-B928D6D12A93.jpeg

C200 infiray from AliExpress

Huge manufacturers in this technology overseas

Works great on vehicles too found a few electrical draws with it. Bearings, list goes on. Some good videos of training to watch on them as well if you want me to link or DM them to you

Here’s a quick pic of me turning the heated seat on in a ramView attachment 113057
How well does something like that work capturing movement? Specs indicate around a 25 hz refresh rate, which is likely a good bit better than the typical 9 that lower priced units seem to have. Thnx!

How well does something like that work capturing movement? Specs indicate around a 25 hz refresh rate, which is likely a good bit better than the typical 9 that lower priced units seem to have. Thnx!
It’s not bad at all. It’s a great deal for what it specs out as. I haven’t fully geeked out with the thing yet to see what the capabilities are but another guy I work with his gf used it in the woods saw a raccoon family walking in the dark lol

Back