There ain't no such thing as "new" AC (yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back from AZ and bought the latest batch of GC with date code M06152ATW18065 07:36. If I recall correctly, this means this bottle was made on the 152nd day of 2006 at 7:36AM. And yes, on the back, it says "Made in Germany". It also has the donut and states that it is good for MB 229.1 and MB 229.5 standards as well as VW 502.00, 505.00 and 503.01. So much for the rumors that Castol has started making GC in the U.S. and has lowered the quality of the product. I just thought some folks would want to know.

Now you did it. After the last "run" on it ..now there's a continued established supply ..but that too may be at risk of being the last GC ..so now everyone has to go out and buy that up too.

Tell me again...tell me again...it has the d-d-d-donut?
shocked.gif
That is a new wrinkle...it is something I don't have...what to do...what to do...

Man.....just as I was making myself ready to embark on another GC buying quest, this news that the current GC is the same good old GC just puts me off. (Because of-course I do miss hunting for the Green GC in the good old "Green days")

Well, good in a sense for me as I am already loaded with 150 Liters of GC Green and was already thinking of places to hide the new GC and excuses to make to my wife as to why I NEED more GC stash.

Man....I stash GC.....I know it's not a sick habit...definately it's good...I know pschole and some others do the same so now I am already feeling better....am I??? yes I am....

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
Tell me again...tell me again...it has the d-d-d-donut?
shocked.gif
That is a new wrinkle...it is something I don't have...what to do...what to do...

No, man, don't misunderstand. On the back it has the same markings that it always had: the circle with the "SL" rating. Nothing has changed. Nothing.

I think folks are confusing the API "doughnut" symbol:
 -

With the API "starburst" symbol:
 -

AFAIK, GC has always had the "doughnut" symbol, but has never had the "starburst" symbol.

Tell me again...tell me again...it has the st-st-st-starburst
shocked.gif
...that is a really new wrinkle (actually it is a really old wrinkle because the old AC had it)...it is something I don't have...what to do...what to do...(this is REALLY a dilemma because I have just had two comments thrown my way from my wife and my son about ALL THE OIL I have...they seldom comment....but guys it's the STARBURST for pity sake!

Both AC bottles that I've seen have the sunburst. They're M01xx and M02xx.
I'll put up pics as soon as I find the cable for my camera.

...but I wanna see pictures of the labels on the (new) GC with the starburst...............please?

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
...but I wanna see pictures of the labels on the (new) GC with the starburst...............please?

Ain't going to happen...because GC doesn't carry the starburst symbol.

The only GC-type bottle that I have seen WITH a starburst is a 2002 vintage. It is label number "LBL 068D." It is NOT German-made. It is also not green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back