The way she goes

Cold outside today but sunny and not much wind. Go to replace the washer reservoir on the Suburban. Filled it last week and it was empty in one day -- either cracked or worn grommets. For price and annoyance of getting to the piece I figure I'll replace the whole bottle.

Get old bottle out, new bottle in, connect everything, Fluid Film the recessed panels while I'm in there. 15 Y/O plastic on the level sensor connector breaks the locking tab - oh well I'll fix that some other day.

Get battery back in, try squirts front and rear, washer fluid pours from under vehicle.

Man the way she goes some days. Time for some brandy, pellet stove and to re-address another day.

Some times no matter what you do the job turns to fecal matter but in my opinion you did good [Time for some brandy, pellet stove and to re-address another day.]

Last edited:
Just replaced the pump in my 1990 Ranger truck. Pump full of rust from bad seal. Nozzle was plugged up some too. Working good now though.

Cold outside today but sunny and not much wind. Go to replace the washer reservoir on the Suburban. Filled it last week and it was empty in one day -- either cracked or worn grommets. For price and annoyance of getting to the piece I figure I'll replace the whole bottle.

Get old bottle out, new bottle in, connect everything, Fluid Film the recessed panels while I'm in there. 15 Y/O plastic on the level sensor connector breaks the locking tab - oh well I'll fix that some other day.

Get battery back in, try squirts front and rear, washer fluid pours from under vehicle.

Man the way she goes some days. Time for some brandy, pellet stove and to re-address another day.

The cold is here in easter NY, I bet a good 5F+ colder for you! Wise decision!

I've had those days working on stuff before. I usually end up calling it a day after the 3rd time threatening to sell or scrap the vehicle.

I purposefully won't get the replacement title for my Jeep because I know i'd get mad at it and just load it on the trailer and bring it to the junkyard.

Today was another decent day. About 37 deg F outside - minimal wind. All the parts had arrived for the washer revamp on the Suburban.

Already had a new washer bottle from the last attempt (but did find the old one is in fine shape). I was able to source the front/main washer hose, however there wasn’t a listing for a rear washer hose. This is the hose that goes from the pump to the intermediary connections next to the battery. So I bought a universal washer hose and T/coupler kit.

I put a new front and rear washer pump into the bottle. ACDELCO brand for both. New main washer hose. Used universal washer hose for the rear washer. The ‘low washer fluid’ connector - I broke the lock tab off of it last time. So I cut it off and spliced in a new ACDELCO connector.

The battery tray had some rust from potentially a leaking battery. So… since I’m a nut snd love keeping clean 15 year old GM trucks clean, I put a new battery tray in with all new stainless steel hardware. I Fluid Filmed the ever living snot out of every cavity under the tray, the tray, and the top of the tray.

After looking, I found the one pump was cracked and one washer hardline was cracked and poorly repaired with foil tape. Good thing I was replacing it all.

Installed a brand new 34/78 NAPA Legend and buttoned it back up.

Tested both. No leaks. Success. Good work for a Sunday afternoon. Happy to keep the wife’s barge up to snuff and I love this truck.

Back